Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 8th

Wow, I’ve only written one blog entry and already I have to write a retraction. Last night, I left for work and the Rockies were down by six points. When I got in, everyone was wondering what happened to the boys. Well, I didn’t even check up on the game. I assumed they lost and posted it in my blog. Well, in the bottom of the ninth inning, they made nine runs and ended up winning the game. Can you believe that I missed it? Well, I apologize to all the Rockies fans out there. Today, we went down five to nothing and ended up fighting our way back for another win. Of course I didn’t get to see Dexter Fowler hit the winning run. I was on my way to work again. Missing the ending of the games is the only bad thing about working at nights. Well, we have Ubaldo on the mound tomorrow, so the Cardinals better watch out. We might be looking at a sweep. That would be so nice. Especially since San Diego lost today putting us only three games out of first place. Like I said yesterday, we play them next and I’m hoping we’re at the top by the end of the series.
With the exception of baseball, nothing much happened today. One of the guys I work with did get fired. That means that there will be more overtime next week. My boss already asked if I wanted to put in a few shifts this weekend. I’m sorry for the guy that got fired, but my youngest daughter’s sweet sixteen is coming up in August and a little overtime will come in handy. Since it’s her sixteenth, we’re going all out like we did with my eldest daughter, and you wouldn’t believe how much it’s going to cost. (You’d think she was getting married or something)
When I sign off here, I’m going to be working on chapter 13 of Kidnapped. It’s coming along pretty nicely. I got Pink Floyd playing in the background and this blog has loosened up the fingers. I guess I better get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment