Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26

Let’s start off with the good news. Grandpa’s Faerie is now available on Kindle. It will be available in book form in about five days. I’ll put it on my website tomorrow so everyone can look at it. After it comes out in book form, I’m going to take it down to the Tattered Cover to see if I can get it on the shelves. If that works out good, I’m going to try to get the rest of them in the store. Then, I’ll shoot for the big boys at Barns and Noble and Borders. I haven’t looked at their sights to see how self published authors go about it, but if Tattered Cover does it, I don’t see why the others wouldn’t. We’ll see in a few weeks.
The bad news is that the Rockies lost again. The Phillies swept us in four games. We’re coming home for a run with the Pirates. It was an exhausting away trip. I’m sure the boys will be able to bring home some wins now that we have the losing streak behind us. We’re officially in fourth place again. We spent a lot of time in that spot this year. But, we climbed out of it once and we’ll do it again.
My youngest daughter’s sweet sixteen is getting closer and closer. My wife is freaking out about the arrangements, but everything will go smoothly. It always does. The girls went to the dress store today and they got the last alterations done. I still haven’t seen the dress. My eldest daughter came back from her college summit. She liked it overall. She didn’t like getting up in the morning. (She’ll be in for a culture shock if she decides to go into the Air Force. They get up early too.) She did like the campus though. I’m not sure if she wants to go there or check out some of the other colleges. Work has been a bear. We are three people short now, and it seems like all I’m doing is putting in overtime. But, it came at the right time. It’ll help pay for the party and then Christmas is coming so, I can stash a little away for that. It’s hard to believe that they year is halfway over already. This year went very quickly for some reason.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment