Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 22

Well, my wife got her new glasses. Only three hundred and thirty dollars, of course she received two pairs. But, you have to do what you have to do. She took the day off to go and get them, and then got called in to cover someone else’s shift when they called out. Isn’t work fun. At least she didn’t lose a day’s work. I spent the day updating my website. www.thomnichols.com I added some games and some pictures and a couple apps that display baseball scores and stats. I should have put them on before, but I guess I’m just lazy. My eldest daughter went away to a four day college thing. She’ll stay in the freshmen dorms and audit some of the classes as she learns about the campus. She’s still planning on joining the Air Force, but they’ll pay for her college and she can get her bachelors wherever she wants.
The Rockies didn’t do so well against their four game series against the Marlins. They dropped three of the four. But, we’ll bounce back. We’re playing the Phillies next. Since I lived less then five minutes from Philadelphia across the bridge in New Jersey, I’m a little partial to the Phillies and the Eagles. We spent four years out there. It was an experience, especially driving. You can’t make left hand turns anywhere in the state. They seem to like roundabouts out there. When I first arrived, it took me three tries to get to the motel. I couldn’t go left and I had to circle around and around and around. Still, it wasn’t bad. I liked the “Wawa” it is Jersey’s version of a 7-11, but they have a little sandwich bar that I visited as often as I could. But, I’m digressing. I’m going to have to stand with my Rockies instead of supporting the Phillies. They have some great players, but so do we. It’s going to be a real good series.
I took the day off yesterday. I didn’t write anything. I was throwing together some Rush, Styx, Boston, and Cinderella in a playlist to keep in the background when my hand slipped and I opened my audio book file. Forgetting about everything else, I put in the first Harry Potter and just vegged out listening. By the time I decided to begin writing, it was too late. So, I listened to the rest of the audio book and, I’m seriously considering putting in the second one today. I can see it already, I’m going to listen to all seven of them and not get anything done for a week or two. We’ll see. I’ll try to control myself.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment