Monday, September 6, 2010

Sep 6

I got that news that every parent just loves to get. My sixteen year old daughter came up to me and said that she slept with twenty two guys today. She said that she was sleeping with this one guy until he got tired so she had to go sleep with another one. As strangely as it seems, it wasn’t as bad as it sounds. She is the manager on the school soccer team. They had a tournament in Colorado Springs on Saturday. They won the first game, so they had to wait until the other teams finished before they could play their second game. So, the whole team lay down in the grass and took a nap. (They were supervised.) It ended up their team took first place. While she was down at the Springs, the rest of us went to Lakeside. It was ten cent ticket day so we took the baby. We tried to get her on the little kid rides. That way the older ones could ride the big rides. But, she was all by herself and didn’t want to get on the little ones by herself. So, we took her to the carousel. That way the wife and I could get on with her. She liked it so much we spent about an hour just riding it and changing from animal to animal. She liked the purple and pink bunnies and the deer. We must have ridden it about two dozen times. There is a train that goes around the whole lake, so we rode that once and the house of mirrors a few times. The kids bought funnel cake, pizza, and nachos. Surprisingly no one threw up. My eldest daughter took my wife on a couple of the big rides. They had a lot of fun. On Sunday, we took in a movie. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to go to a movie because of working a lot of overtime. But, this week I have a normal schedule and we decided to splurge this weekend. It took us a while to decide which movie to go to. Everyone wanted to see something different. And, because we hadn’t gone for a while, we wanted to get something good. Naturally, we picked the worst movie they had. My wife likes the supernatural movies so we went to the Last Exorcist. Yes, it is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I can’t believe I paid to go to it. Even more, I can’t believe I stayed through the whole thing. I should have snuck out and went to something good. Well, next week I’m going to something good and it had better be good or I’m going to be mad.
The Rockies are sliding up that ranking scale. We shut out the Padres putting us just four games out of first place. We were fighting to get a spot in the Wild Card, but San Diego decided to go on a ten game losing streak. It was very nice of them, because we have a better chance of taking the division than we do of getting the Wild Card. We’re still behind them and the Giants, but we play both of them coming up this month and we’re on a roll. September is always a good Rockies month. So, all we have to do is overtake them and hold first and we’ll be playing in October.
It was my brother’s birthday today. He got a Nook. It’s the Barns and Noble version of a book reader. He was charging it when I went over so I didn’t get a chance to see it in action. I like the Kindle. I’ve seen what it can do and it would be nice to compare. I have seen the commercials for the Ipad. It looks real nice. It’s not just an E-reader, but I’ve heard it still has a few bugs. I would love to see one of those in action. I’m going to have to check and make sure that my books are available on the Nook. I’m pretty sure they are. I think I submitted them to Barns and Noble, but I’ll check anyway. I still haven’t heard from the Tattered Cover. It’s been three weeks. I think I’m going to have to go with the big guns and see if Barns and Noble will stock my books in their stores. I printed the form to get it started, but I haven’t filled it out yet.
I didn’t like the way chapter 29 was coming out, so I started revamping it on Friday. I’m going to finish that today and see about moving on to chapter 30. I also worked a little on the Great Detective Friday. If I get a chance today, I’m going to finish that chapter. I think it’s 18. But, I need to buckle down. I put an end of September deadline on both of them and it’s going to be close. I think mid October is more realistic, but I’m still going to shoot for the end of September. The reason for the deadline is that I want to have all of the rejections back before Christmas. That way I can get them published by Createspace and send out a whole set to the family and friends as Christmas presents. Since I only started getting them in book form this year, not very many people have seen them all finished. A lot of them have seen them printed on just paper, but the book form is really nice. Ok, it’s time to get started. I’m putting Tom Petty, Deep Purple, and Dio in the playlist.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment