Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sep 21

What a disappointing loss for the Rockies tonight. It was a late game, so I had to listen to the end of it on the road to work and at work. We were down three to nothing most of the game. But, it looked like we were starting something several times. In the eighth, we got a run and we had a bunch of base runners, but we couldn’t get any more home. We lost in the top of the ninth. The worst thing is that both San Francisco and San Diego won their games. We really need to be in top form these last few games. We play San Francisco after Arizona, so those will be our do or die games. Still, even if we take all three of them, we still need both of those teams to drop a couple while we win out. Let’s just take a deep breath and start thinking about tomorrow’s game.
Even worse than losing, the Rockies game didn’t start until seven forty. And you know what that means. Yep, that meant that I had to help with dinner and even help clean up afterwards. I had to rinse off the dishes after my wife washed them and I had to clean off the table. (Life is so unfair) But, I did get a chance to spend some time with the family which is good.
My youngest daughter is the manager of the boy’s soccer team at high school. She likes it and it gets her out and about. But, today she brought home a bunch of their jerseys in laundry bags. She doesn’t even wash her own clothes and now she’s washing some of their jerseys. I don’t think I like that. My eldest daughter was transferring her medals and ribbons from her JROTC jacket to a new cleaner jacket. They both are going to have their promotion ceremony tomorrow. There is going to be one at school and then another one for the parents at seven. I went to the last one, and it was pretty nice. One of my nieces came over to eat nachos and do her homework on the computer. They’re more than welcome to come over whenever they want, but when they do my granddaughter would rather play with them than with me. She was unusually loud today. My son was trying to talk to me and my wife while I was playing with her and he could barely get in a word. We were playing “Her feet are grubby” The object of the game is for me to smell her feet and say how stinky they are. She thinks it is very funny and laughs very loudly all five hundred times I did it.
I finished chapter 36 yesterday. I’m going to bang out the lion’s share of chapter 37 today. I didn’t get to start it yesterday because 36 turned out to be a little longer than I thought it was going to be. But, 37 sounds like it is going to be a short chapter so I’m sure I’ll get pretty far into it. I put on some Night Ranger, Abba, and some U2 in the old playlist and it’s time to get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment