Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sep 16

I’m taking the day off today. It’s going to screw up my schedule, but I just don’t feel up to it for some reason. I got pretty far into chapter 36. I’ll finish it tomorrow. Today, I’m going to throw in an audio book and listen to the whole thing. I just don’t feel like doing anything.
There wasn’t a Rockies game today. Maybe that’s why I’m feeling so down. The game yesterday wasn’t televised and it was their day off today. The Padres managed to lose today, which was nice of them. It’ll move us another half game up. But, unless the Giants plan on blowing their six point lead in the ninth inning, they’re going to win. So, that’ll put us another half game under them. We still have 16 games left so we should be ok. We’re playing the dodgers next, who we’ve been having trouble with this year. We also play them again later on. Hopefully they won’t be our downfall. If we hang on and the Giants hang on, we play each other next Friday. Those should be our do or die games.
My wife contacted the Broncos season tickets guy. The seats that are open are a little over a thousand dollars each. At first I was all for it, but we wouldn’t get them for the first home game against the Seahawks and I already have tickets for the last game of the year against the Chargers. That would give us only six home games. And, I can get tickets for between seventy and ninety-five dollars for two. They would be cheaper but not as good seats. So, I’m passing on them.
Nothing real exciting going on with the kids today. It was laundry day. We have a washer and dryer, but my wife doesn’t like to do the blankets and pillows in them. She prefers to take them to a laundry mat where they have bigger machines. So, the girls went with her to do that. I babysat for a while and did my best job at making a mess in the kitchen while I burned dinner. (I could burn cold cereal while pouring in the milk) So, nothing real exciting happened to me either. Hopefully we’ll have a much more exciting weekend.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment