Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sep 09

I know it’s not Halloween yet, but no one had flipped over the calendar. It was still showing as July. My granddaughter and I were looking at it and we decided to flip it over to the correct month. While we were there, we were pointing out today’s date and I showed her my brother’s birthday. She wanted to see her daddy’s birthday, which is also Halloween. After showing it to her, I asked her if she remembered dressing up and going trick or treating. She said that she did, but I’m not too sure. When I asked her what she was going to dress up like this year, she said. “Like a girl.” Actually, I love taking the kids out trick or treating. I like to dress up with them, even though I didn’t last year. It’s my second favorite holiday after Christmas, which is also coming up. I better start saving.
The Rockies had a humdinger today. It was the fourth game of the series and we had taken the other three. It was an early game and of course it wasn’t televised. So, I was watching it on ESPN’s website. We were down five to nothing at one point in the game. We had a bad second inning, but it happens to the best of us. Anyway, we fight back getting a run here and a run there. Finally, when we were tied, they put in the new guy Chris Nelson to pinch run for Chris Ianetta. He was on third, so it was a strange from the very beginning. Nelson took a healthy lead and then, when the pitcher was checking on the runner at first, Nelson steals home. It had to be an amazing play, but of course it wasn’t televised and I didn’t get to see it. Still, it was the run that put us over the top and we ended up sweeping the Reds. That’s three top of the division teams we have swept in the last few weeks. The Giants are spanking the Padres as we speak. It was Seven to one in the eighth inning, so they’re going to flip flop in the standings. The Giants will take first and we’ll be two behind the Padres and three behind the Giants. It’s always exciting near the end of the season. We play the Arizona Diamondbacks tomorrow at home. If we sweep them and the Giants and Padres switch back and forth winning and losing, it will move us that much closer.
The Saints beat Favre and the Vikings tonight to start off Football season. I can’t wait until Sunday when the Broncos play. It’s an away game. My brother wants me to go over to his house to watch it, but it looks like my boss is going to make me work some overtime that day. It really sucks, because I have Rockies tickets in the afternoon. The day was shaping into a Broncos game in the morning on the sofa and then a Rockies game in the afternoon outside. Now, I’m not sure what’s going to happen. I’m considering trying to change my shift with one of the morning guys. I could always watch the Broncos game on the computer. It’s not the same, but at least I would be able to go to the Rockies game and still get the overtime.
I finished chapter 31 yesterday, and I started chapter 32. I haven’t had a chance to look at the Great Detective for a while. I want to get a little bit more done in that. I had another idea for it this morning and I would like to get it going, but Kidnapped is supposed to be first. I need to finish it before the end of the month. If I can squeeze in a little Great Detective towards the end of the night, I will. So, for now, I put in some Phil Collins, Heart, and Night Ranger on the playlist and I’m ready to get going.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment