Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sep 28

Santa Claus gets a bum rap at my house. My granddaughter is two and a half. Last year, we thought it would be fun to get a picture of her with Santa. Well, it was a disaster. She knew who Santa was. She saw him on TV and pictures of him everywhere. She even seemed excited to go see him. We told her that he brings gifts and toys and she talked about him the whole ride. We didn’t go to a mall. Instead, there was a grocery store that had a Santa setup in the back. When we got there, there was a huge balloon of Santa outside of the store. She wanted to touch it and she was still excited. When we got inside, however, she must not have realized that he was going to be a real person. She freaked out big time. She wouldn’t even go anywhere behind the registers. For the next six months or so, she would always mention Santa Claus as if he were the boogeyman or something. Naturally, we tried to tell her otherwise, and she has been kind of receptive. Now, whenever something happens it’s always Santa Claus’s fault. Today, my wife came home to find juice spilled on the floor. The kids didn’t bother to clean it up. Someone just threw a towel over it. The baby was the only one out in the living room at the time, so we asked her what happened. Of course she said that Santa Claus did it.
The Rockies managed to lose again today. I believe we are officially mathematically eliminated from the post season. We started out really good. Usually, the other team has been getting runs in the first inning. Instead, we made a run in the first. Then, it went downhill. We had several chances to make a comeback. We even had the bases loaded in the bottom of the eighth. The Dodgers walked a run in, which put us down by only one run. Then the next batter struck out ending the inning. It was heartbreaking. I know that there was only a very sliiiiiiiiiiim chance after our little losing streak, but I was hopeful. There are only five games left in the season. Since we’re through, we can just sit back and enjoy the games. Next year is just around the corner.
I finished chapter 39 yesterday and started 40. But, I’m going to have to go back and change up some things in 40. I didn’t like the way it was going and I had a better idea this morning. So, I’ll be working on 40 today. I’ll get pretty far into it, but I won’t be able to finish it. I’ll have to take a little break sometime today because my daughter is finishing up her report. She’s going to send it to me so that I can look it over for her and print it.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment