Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sep 14

My eldest daughter went to the rifle range today for JROTC. She shot at a sharpshooter’s pace. It’s the middle ranking, marksman, sharpshooter, and expert. She told me her score, but I forgot. She’s still having second thoughts about joining the military after she graduates, but she has the whole year to decide. My youngest daughter, the manager of the soccer team won their fifth straight game today. They’re undefeated right now, but it was a close game. And, it looks like it’s getting close for my son to move out. He came home today with a bunch of boxes. He got a vacuum, a toaster, and a bunch of other things. They even have salt and pepper shakers. I think they’ll be ok. The baby’s room is going to be packed. We were checking out all of her toys and she has more than you could imagine. It must be nice being only two and a half.
The Rockies dropped their second game to the Padres. We were 2 and a half games out of first before today’s game and 3 and a half out of the Wild Card. The score was 7-6. We were trailing all game. There were a few costly errors that really cost us the game, so I can’t say we played great. We did keep up with them, so it was exciting, especially the ninth inning. We started out with two doubles. Then, we had a single to bring the sixth run home. So, we put in our power hitter, Jason Giambi. They walk him. That gives us runners at first and second with only one out. Eric Young Jr. gets up. He’s doing exceptionally well at the plate lately. He’s working on a ten game hitting streak and he had several today. All we needed was a base hit and it would have tied the game. But, he hit it in the worst possible location and they turned a double play. We were so close to bringing home another ninth inning win. There are only a handful of games left, so these are the crucial ones.
My wife called me today after a Bronco representative left her a voice mail. We are on the list to purchase Bronco season tickets and they finally called us. Usually it takes about ten years to get the call. I’m not sure how many it was for us, but it wasn’t that long. They are for club level. She’s going to talk to the guy tomorrow to see how much and exactly where they are. It would be nice to have season tickets. I would go to all of the home games. I don’t care if it’s snowing or pouring rain. Even if these tickets are not the best seats, we would be able to upgrade when better seats become available before they become available to other people waiting on the list.
I made some great progress in chapter 34 yesterday. I’ll finish it tonight and get a good jump on chapter 35. It’s all coming together and I think it’s looking good. I still don’t think I’m going to make my deadline, but if I concentrate solely on it, I should come close. I’m feeling a little nostalgic tonight, so I put on some Gordon Lightfoot, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens, and Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young on the playlist. Until next time.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment