Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sep 29

Yes, no one has to say it. The Rockies lost again. That means we were swept by the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Los Angeles Dodgers. Both of them are at the bottom of our division. Arizona is just about at the bottom of the league. So we are definitely out of the post season games. We have four games left. Hopefully, we’ll win at least one of them. I’m shooting for the one where Ubaldo is pitching. It will give him his twenty wins for the season. But, now that the Rockies are out of it, I can focus on football.
My granddaughter brought me her Halloween costume today. She’s going to be a princess. The little dress is so cute. I can’t wait to get pictures of her. I’ll put one up on my facebook page as soon as they let her put it on.
I started packing for the big move at the end of October. We’re putting almost everything in storage and moving in with the in-laws. We’re going to stay there for about six months so that we don’t have to sign another lease at the apartment. We’re trying to buy another house and with the money we’re saving on not paying the rent, we’re going to use as a down payment. Plus, we won’t have to worry about trying to break a lease. We could have signed a six month lease, but that would have upped the rent quite a bit. So, it’s living upstairs at the in-laws place. At least there is a private entrance. It’s really an upstairs apartment, but it’s still the in-laws.
I got about half way through chapter 40 yesterday. I’m going to finish that up and start working on 41 today. I’m not sure how far I’ll get. I’m putting some Bob Segar, Paul Simon, Crosby Stills and Nash, Jim Croce, and Bread on the playlist. So, it’s time to get going.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment