Monday, September 13, 2010

Sep 13

The party is over. Our ten game winning streak finally came to an end. The Padres beat us 6-4. I was in my car trying to listen to the end of the game as I was driving to work. It’s probably the only time I ever stretch out that ride. I’m sure the cars behind me weren’t too thrilled though. It was only the first game of the series. We’ll take the next two and make up the ground. It’s already the middle of the month and there aren’t that many games left. I know we can’t win them all, and we’re so close. We just have to make the most of them.
I helped move my mom into a new apartment over the weekend. Mondays are my day to go visit. She tried to rearrange things a little and put some of the stuff away, but she can’t really do that kind of stuff anymore. So, I spent the day moving furniture and unpacking boxes for her. My mom is a huuuuuuuge reader. She has more bookcases than anything else and all of them are completely filled with books. She has so many books that she has to stack a bunch of them in the closet. We unpacked about twelve boxes of them. At first, she wanted to put them in order. The best we did was organize them by authors. She’s retired now, so she has plenty of time to rearrange them in the shelves. The hard part was just getting them out of the boxes. One of my brothers came over to help. After he got there, we all sat down and talked for a while. Then, when we were getting ready to get started again, his phone rang and he had to go back to work. (He just didn’t want to help, see how he is. I’m the good one.)
My eldest daughter brought home the paperwork for her graduation. I’m sure that I had one when I graduated waaaaay back when. Hers said that we need to pay a $30 deposit for the cap and gown, a $60 deposit for the invitations, and a $60 deposit for the class ring. (I knew I should have home schooled.) Of course they send those things out with only a few days to come up with the money. Good thing I worked all of that overtime over the last few months. Hopefully the ending total won’t be too outrageous. Actually, I don’t think I got a class ring when I graduated. If I did, I lost it somewhere.
I finished chapter 33 on Sunday and I started chapter 34. I’ll get a good chunk of it done today. I don’t have anything ready in the playlist, so I think I’m just going to set it at random and let it choose. Time to get to work.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment