Monday, September 27, 2010

Sep 27

I had an interesting weekend. We had two birthday parties to go to on Saturday. It was fun, but I should have known better than to play football. We kicked butt when we played kickball, and I knew I should have stopped there. I managed to catch a few and almost made a touchdown. But, some of those guys on the other team were pretty big and they had ten years or better on me. I wasn’t that hard to bring down. At least my eldest daughter’s friend was on my side. Last time one of her friends played, I accidentally punched him in the face when I was trying to tackle him. (Seriously, it was an accident. His face just happened to be where my hand was going. I don’t know how it curled up into a fist.) Both my girls played. My son would have, but he had to take his girlfriend to work. So, he left the baby with us. Now, we had an incident when my youngest was a baby the first time I got transferred back to Denver. We were moving stuff into my wife’s mom’s house and no one was paying too much attention to the baby. She wandered off. We were frantic when we noticed that she wasn’t there. Everyone was searching for her, and luckily she turned up around the block. A little old lady was watching her from her porch. Since then, I always turn to look for any kid I’m watching every few seconds. I always know where they are if I’m supposed to be looking after them. But, on Saturday, after we stopped playing football, I was talking with the other guys and my wife thought she had gone with my daughters. They took the car for a bathroom run. We were at a park. She wondered off to the swings. She was following one of the older girls. It was pretty far away. As soon as we noticed that she wasn’t there, it was panic time again. Luckily, the older girl was watching her. They were swinging. (I could have had a heart attack right then.) Once again, we were lucky. I don’t know what I would have done if something had happened.
It was also a bad week for sports. The Rockies can’t seem to win. We’re pretty much out of the race for first or the wild card. We would have to win all of the rest of the game and everyone else would have to lose. The Arizona Diamondbacks swept us. The Giants took two of three games and tonight we lost the first of three to the Dodgers. I guess it’s just about time to look toward next year. The Broncos also lost to the Colts. It was a really good game. We had plenty of really good drives, but we couldn’t put the ball in when we got to the red zone. The Colts (Which are an extremely good team) were kept to only 27 points. They usually have double that. Our defense was very good. We stopped their run completely. If we would have done better in the red zone, we would have won that game. We’re standing at 1 and 2 now and we have a tough schedule ahead.
I am halfway through chapter 39. I should be able to take care of it today and maybe even start of 40. It’s beginning to wrap up. Unless something goes wrong, it looks like it will be between 47 and 50 chapters. I won’t get it done by the end of September, but it should be within the first couple of weeks of October. Next time when I set a schedule, I’m going to make it more realistic. I did work on the Great Detective over the weekend. I want to have it done by the end of October or early November. So, if I’m going to get it done, I better get started. I’m going to put the radio on in the background just to mix things up.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment