Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sep 12

Well, the Bronco game is over. We lost 24 to 17. I was only able to see the first half because I’m at work. So I had to watch the last quarter on the internet. I also have the Rockies game up and I was looking back and forth between them. It’s the top of the fifth and the Rockies are also down 2 to 0. But, we are on an eight game winning streak and we were down yesterday and came back. I’m sure we’ll come back from this one too.
It didn’t take us as long to move my mom yesterday as I thought. Usually, it’s just me moving everything. But, we had a lot of help this time. We arrived at about nine in the morning and were on our way home before three. She didn’t have a lot of stuff, but what she had was heavy. She’s a big book reader, and books are much heavier when they’re in a box filled with other books than when you just pick one up to read. We didn’t help unpack, so I’ll probably be rearranging things for her on Monday and helping her put some of the things away.
I’m just about done with chapter 32. I’ll finish that today and I’ll start on 33. That is, as long as I can tear myself away from the games. It’s not the same watching them on the computer. In fact, it sucks. But, it’s better than nothing. I keep trying to do other things with the window up to the side, but it’s hard not to keep looking over at each strike. It’ll be even harder now, because I’ll have to keep track of both baseball and football. I can’t believe that I got hoodwinked into working today. I should be on the sofa being lazy and watching the games.
One good thing happened today. My wife cooked breakfast and it’s not even a special occasion. She made steaks and eggs. We had biscuit and country gravy with little pieces of sausage in them. She made homemade hash browns. It was so good I’m still full. She is a very good cook, but with our schedules, she doesn’t get to do it as much as she wants to, or as much as I want her to. And, I don’t know if I missed an anniversary or birthday or something, but she’s going to also cook tonight. I don’t want to accuse her of anything underhanded or anything like that, but I think she might be up to something. We’ll see. Either way, I should do something nice for her. We’ll think on it.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment