Friday, April 29, 2011

April 29

I had to come in at noon again today for the third extra training. There should be only one more left. It was a different one today. We got here at noon and went up to the conference room. Once we got there, the boss looked around the entire room until he determined that there wasn’t a whiteboard. So, he leaves everyone there and goes searching for a conference room with one. Twenty minutes later, he comes and tells us to go to the eighth floor. Everyone squeezes into the elevator and we finally get settled in the new room. But, the boss still doesn’t start. He begins looking all over in the new room. Finally, he tells everyone that he has to go back up to the original conference room to get the erasable markers. We didn’t actually start until about twenty till. When it was over, however, I received the worst thing a boss could tell someone. The boss’s wife and kids are out of the country for two months, and since I’m developing the new training modules, he told me that he’s going to stop by on the graveyard shift so that we can sit down for a few hours and go over what he wants me to do. He didn’t say what day or when, so now I’m going to be constantly looking over my shoulder wondering when we’re going to get the visit. Bummer.
The Rockies put up a big goose egg on the score board today. We lost to the Pirates 3-0 after having two days off because of the rainout on Wednesday. It was a good thing that I fell asleep during the game or I would have been more upset. But, I can’t complain too much. We’re going to the game tomorrow. I’m sure it will be better than today’s. The only thing is that the weather is going to suck. It’s actually snowing right now and it is supposed to be rainy and snowy tomorrow. We’ll have a bunch of kids with us, so if it gets too bad, I’m sure we’ll have to leave early.
My granddaughter did the cutest thing today. We were watching the game before I fell asleep and she had just eaten some cookies as a snack. As we were playing, she discovers some Easter chocolate on the shelf. She asks if she can have some and my wife said no. So, when my wife gets up to go to the bathroom, she asks me if I’ll open it for her. I told her that I couldn’t because grandma said no. So, she tells me that if she can’t have the chocolate, she was going to make a mess. I told her that if she makes a mess, she was going to get in trouble. So, she tells me that she won’t get in trouble, she would blame the mess on the dog.
I finished chapter two yesterday and I’m starting on chapter three today. It’s going pretty good. As long as my boss doesn’t show up today, I should get pretty far into it. I am putting Elton John, Phil Collins, and ELO in the playlist tonight for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment