Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6

I don’t know why my wife wouldn’t go for it, but I told her that I was going to blow off work as I am expecting to win the lottery or the Powerball tonight. (I’m not particular) For some reason, she wouldn’t go for it. So, now I’m at work and I have another new project. Boy is her face going to be red when I win the lottery and all this work I’m doing is going to have been for nothing.
On a brighter note, the Rockies swept the Dodgers in their two game series yesterday and today. I didn’t get to see the whole game today, because I had a training thing I had to go to at work today. It was a day game, so I went right to bed when I got home and then right to work when I woke up four hours later. I purposely didn’t turn on the TV when I got back, because I knew they were going to rebroadcast the game in the evening. So, I got a few more hours sleep. When I woke up, it turned out that the game wasn’t going to be rebroadcast until seven. So, I only got to see the first four innings before I had to come back to work. In those four innings, however, I saw Todd Helton hit a three run homer. When I unintentionally inferred that he might have lost a step or slowed down this year, I was completely off base. He hit his first homer today which is only their fourth game this year. Last year, he didn’t hit his first homer until May 18th. (By the way, the only Rockies jersey that I have is Todd’s) So let me sit back and eat my words while I tell you that Tulo also hit a two run homer. The only problem that I saw was Hammel had a rocky third inning. I would have loved to see the rest of the game, but here are some of the highlights. Carlos Gonzalez saved the game with a ninth inning catch that was sure to score the tying run. He also was two for three at the plate and scored three runs and hit an RBI. Not a bad day for Carlos. I always groan when Franklin Morales goes in to pitch, but he put up two scoreless innings. It was his first game today, so I’ll save my comments until I see him a little more. (And, I’ll try not to groan and throw up my hands) Street ran into a little trouble in the ninth, but with two back to back base hits. Then, Carlos pulled off the game saving catch and he regrouped to strike out the next two batters. Over all, it was a great game. It ended at 7-5. We have the Pirates tomorrow for our first away game. It’s a four game series in Pittsburg and then the Rockies take on the Mets in New York.
I was almost late to work this morning for the training thing at noon. My daughters were running late for school so they took the car. When I got up and went outside, I was very surprised not to see the car. I know one of the girls knew I was supposed to work early today. But, they said that they didn’t know. Luckily, when I called, she was at lunch and the school isn’t that far away. She came and got me. I dropped her off back at school and make it to work with less than a minute to spare. I called and told them that I might be late, and my boss tried to give me grief for it, but I was on time.
It turns out that we’re not going to get to go to the Rockies game on the 19th. My wife read the flier wrong when the nephews and nieces brought it home from school. The money to get the tickets was due yesterday. She thought it was a May game and the money was due on the 19th of this month. So, we’re going to try to get tickets for the 16th or 17th when they come back to town. They will be playing the Cubs and it should be a good game.
Well, I better get going on the new project for work. I’m putting some ZZ Top, AC/DC, and Whitesnake in the playlist. It feels like a day to rock out. Too bad I can’t put the radio up louder.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment