Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18

The Rockies dropped the first game in the series against the Giants. It was pretty bad during the first inning especially. They made five runs before we even got up to bat. Rogers had a really bad day for being such a good pitcher. They took him out at the end of the third inning. By then, the score was eight to nothing. Finally, in the eighth inning, Carlos Gonzalez got a hit and Todd Helton smashed a really nice double into right field to bring him home. The only good thing that happened in the game was Mortensen, who had just come up from triple-A pitched six shutout innings. Too bad he couldn’t have been the starter. But, I’m sure Rogers will bounce back.
It was another long weekend. I had to work it because I was covering for a coworker while he was out of town attending his sister’s wedding. It was weird, but nothing really exciting happened.
I got the proof for Cutie Pie, Baby Pie. I think I’m going to change a few things and resubmit it. It looked pretty good, but I’m going to change the bottom alignment. It isn’t as long as some of the other books, so I don’t need the text to go all the way down to a quarter from the bottom. I’ll get that done today and send off for another proof.
Over the weekend, I got all the way into chapter four of the River of Magic. But, I’m going to stop there for a bit. I’ve been thinking a lot about the fourth book in the Brianna series. I’m going to throw down a few pages today to see how it looks. It’s going to be called Gremlin Planet.
I know this is a short one for a Monday, but I have a lot to do. So, I’ll write a longer blog tomorrow. I’m putting on the radio instead of making a playlist today.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment