Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25

Happy belated Easter everyone. Speaking of Easter, we had a really nice one to start with. I woke up at early dawn thirty so that I could sneak out. (I usually sneak out to get everyone a little something earlier than the day of, but I had been working a lot of overtime and didn’t get a chance) I found a few good things for the Easter baskets, but I had to compromise on a present for my wife. She likes these romance story magazines. The only place she or I’ve been able to find them is a particular Safeway downtown. Well, I stopped off there and they rearranged the entire store. They also stopped carrying them. (Probably because my wife was the only one that bought them) So, I got her a couple of Chicken Soup for the Soul books. Then, I snuck back home and made the baskets. (I always go a little overboard on the candy) When the kids finally got up, we had a little Easter morning breakfast. My granddaughter didn’t want to wake up even though she saw the bubbles and the little Minnie Mouse doll we got her. She just wanted to be a baby and have everyone hold her. Then, my oldest daughter pulled out the Cinderella Barbie we got her. (She collects dolls) My granddaughter couldn’t understand why she didn’t want to take it out of the box. All morning she would ask if she could open it. Then, the kids all went to church with their grandparents while my wife and I got things ready for the barbeque. (When I say that we got things ready, I mean she got things ready while I watched the baseball game. I tried to help, but it was an exciting game) After everyone started arriving, many of the kids began jumping on the trampoline. It was a big hit. My granddaughter even got me to get on with her. They made up a game the called popcorn. All of the kids would sit in the middle of the trampoline and someone big (Me) would jump around them so that they would bounce up into the air. Very fun for them, very tiring for me, I didn’t know jumping was that much work. (It didn’t seem that way twenty or thirty years ago, but I’m still not getting old) When the food was ready, I got my food and started talking with a brother in-law. Everything was going really well until halfway through the potato salad. I thought it was the bench at the time, but it was becoming more and more uncomfortable. Then I made the first mistake. I stood up. I must have stretched something while jumping, because my lower back was starting to bother me. I never have back pain, so this was something new. I decided to go upstairs and make my second mistake. I got in bed to rest it and I fell asleep. When I woke up, I wasn’t just uncomfortable I was in some serious pain. I figured it would go away the next day, but yep, it’s still hurting. I really need to do more exercising and stuff.
Now to the Rockies. We dropped that really good game on Sunday. We had our ace pitcher and they had theirs. I figured it was going to be a very fast and low scoring game. And, it was for the first six innings. Then, Ubaldo walked three guys. He was one pitch away from getting out of it and the Marlin had to go and hit a triple. It sucked. But, we fought our way back. We got three runs and it looked like we might pull it out. Then, them stupid Marlins went and got another three runs. They took the series and we headed to Wrigley Field. Today’s game was also pretty exciting. Esmil Rogers took the hill and he didn’t have a stellar first inning. But, he fought his way back and took us into the sixth. We took the first game away from the Cubs at 5-3. We’re still having a little trouble heating up the bats, but it will come. We’re still top in our division and we’re coming back home after the Cubbies.
The tree damage wasn’t as bad as it looked when the tree was still on the car. I took it out and drove it. There wasn’t any mechanical damage, just broken glass and a smushed in roof. We’re going to have to take it in to get fixed, but I’m going to use some of that gas beforehand. I could just see us taking it in and they telling us that it’s got frame damage or something where it has to be totaled. Gas costs too much for that.
I managed to finally get the plates for the new car. It only took three months. I don’t think I can say it enough, but anyone looking for a car in Denver DON’T go to Go Chevrolet off of I25. It’s just not a good place to do business. It wasn’t so much of a chore at the DMV today. It took about an hour and a half. (I got there at noon and it wasn’t too busy) But, the lady at the counter was very friendly. I got my Marine Corps plates and it was even cheaper than I expected.
When I got to work today, I learned that the supervisor is going to be working with us tomorrow for training. So, that’s going to be a waste of a day. I started chapter two of Gremlin Planet last week and wanted to get a few more under my belt this week. But, that’s not going to happen if I have to babysit a supervisor. So, I better get as much done today as I can. Hopefully I’ll have time to update my blog. But, if not, I’ll put up a new one on Wednesday. I’m putting in Steely Dan, Stray Cats, Poison, and Prince into the playlist for background music today.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment