Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20

Don’t you hate those days when the big boss is at work when you get there. Yep, it was one of those days. Twenty minutes later, I have a ton of new work to do. For some reason, nearly everything broke down today and they had to call him in. Everything is still broken, so we have to deal with that along with the new work, Yeah.
Good news on the Rockies home front. We spanked the Giants today. They still took the series, but we didn’t get swept. De La Rosa had an awesome day pitching. Wiggington got his thousandth hit and what do you know, it was a three run homer, his first in Coors stadium. For once in this series, we got the runs in the early innings instead of the dreaded Giants. It looks like we are going to have our work cut out for us on the remaining games we have against them. We have a day off tomorrow, so I don’t know what I’m going to do in the evening before work. I might have to talk to the wife and kids or something weird like that.
We finally got a hold of someone at Go Chevrolet, the worst place in Denver to buy a car. Even though they patched us through to the people we left messages with, no one knew that we had called to complain. Of course. When my wife talked to them, they said that the reason we couldn’t get our plates in Denver’s DMV was because they sent the information to the DMV on Peoria and I-70. I guess that’s either Commerce City or Montebello, I’m not sure which. They didn’t know why the information was sent over there, but we are going to have to go over there to get the plates because their system doesn’t sync up with Denver’s DMV. So, Monday, guess where I’ll be?
We went to eat at Village Inn today. It was pretty good, but the best thing is that there is free pie on Wednesdays. We might have to go back next Wednesday.
We put up the trampoline over the weekend. My granddaughter loves it, but the puppy hates it. When the kids are up there, she can’t get to them and there is something about the bouncing that she doesn’t like. My granddaughter wants to be on it all the time, unless she is the only one on it. There is a safety picture on the mat that covers the springs and it has a picture of a mannequin breaking his head. So, she thinks she is going to break her head if she’s up there by herself.
My daughter came home from her army training today. She has it every Wednesday and Thursday to prepare her for boot camp. She likes it, but they really work her out. Today when she came home, she was hungry, that’s why we went to Village Inn. When my granddaughter asked her why she was so tired, my daughter told her that she was training to be in the army. So, my granddaughter told her that she was tired because she was training to be a princess.
I don’t know how much work I’m going to get done today because I have a bunch of real work to do. So, I’m just putting Ratt, Bon Jovi, Cinderella, and Slaughter in the playlist for background music while I get it done.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment