Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 28

Well, no more whining. My back doesn’t hurt that much anymore. I guess what I stretched shrank back into place. I just have to be careful not to twist around too sharply, and there is a little stiffness in the afternoons when I wake up. I’m sure that by the weekend, I’ll be back to 100 percent.
Cutie Pie, Baby Pie is ready to go. I updated my website and threw out a link on Facebook. It was actually ready yesterday, but I had so much stuff to do I didn’t get a chance to do anything with it. I still want to do something else with my website. I have two pages that aren’t really doing anything. With all of the new projects that my boss has been making me do, I’ve been thinking about making a presentation and putting it on one of the pages. That could be fun. I’m also considering publishing in audio book format. I really like audio books, especially when I’m driving long distances. The only thing I have to do now is convince one of my kids to read them into a microphone. (I would pay someone to do it, but I’m much too cheap for that) When I looked into doing it professionally, it was in the thousands of dollars. Then, there are some applications out there that will add music and provide editing tools. I might go with one of them if it isn’t too expensive. But, I’m sure I could use the tools I have now and do the same thing. We’ll see.
I didn’t get a chance to post a blog entry yesterday, because my boss had three new projects for me. He’s getting serious with this work stuff. He was telling me that he wants me to set up a new training system. So, I have to develop training modules on the computer with online tests. It isn’t that difficult, but it is time consuming. I might have to do a lot more work at work than I’m used to doing.
The NFL draft started today. The Broncos picked Von Miller as their top pick, second overall in the draft. He is a Linebacker from Texas A&M. We defiantly need some good defensive players. As you can tell by our having the second pick in the draft that we didn’t do very well last year. But, that was last year. This year is going to be better. (As long as there is a NFL this year) I heard on the news this morning that Peyton Hillis, one of the guys that Josh McDaniels kicked off the team for presumably being too good of a player, went to the Cleveland Browns and became a Superstar for them. He was so good that they put him on the cover of the Madden NFL video game. (Good call Josh, we’re glad you’re gone)
I guess you’re wondering why I’m talking about football when it is obviously Baseball season. Well, it’s because Wednesday we were rained out in Chicago and today the Rockies had a day off. I’m going into sports withdrawal or something. We’re playing the Pirates on Friday and the weekend and I’m going to the Saturday game. I can hardly wait. It’s supposed to be cold and windy and rainy. It better not be canceled. I’ll be very upset.
I guess that’s enough for today. I finished all of my projects yesterday and the boss hasn’t called to give me anything else for today, so I’m going to get a little more done on Gremlin Planet. So, I’m putting in Joan Jett, Twisted Sister, Kick Axe, and Wasp into the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment