Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 12

Well, I didn’t make a blog entry yesterday because I had to do my boss’s homework. He’s studying to be an engineer and he has to take a lot of computer and programming classes. Since I’m a former programmer, I was elected to do his homework for him. This time it was c and I had a little trouble with the compiler so I didn’t get it all done. Naturally, he gave me the homework the day before it was due. I guess half of it is better than none of it. I’m sure he’ll give me a call tonight. He’ll probably get an extension or something. So, I figured I would get this blog entry done first thing incase I’m doing his homework all night.
If he doesn’t call, I’m going to begin the self publishing of Cutie Pie, Baby Pie. I just have to format it and design the cover and stuff like that. It should be ready to purchase in a week or two. But, I’m going to have to get going on the next book. I can’t believe it’s already April and I haven’t really gotten started on anything. My co-worker is going on a mini vacation to attend his sister’s wedding so I’ll cover his shifts this week. I’m planning on putting them to good use and get back on the ball. But, I’m mostly just doing this for myself, so I shouldn’t really complain that I’m being lazy.
The Rockies were rained out today. We haven’t even played ten games yet and we already have two makeup games to do. But, we’re 6-2 and no one can complain about that. The only two games we lost were extra inning games. One of them was against the Pirates the other day. I was at work Friday when it started and it went so long that I was home before it was over. I didn’t think I was going to be able to see any of it, and it would have been better if it would have been a win, but at least I got to see the ending. This weekend’s games and yesterday’s game was great. I don’t remember all of the details, but they were exciting. Thursday, they are going to play a double header to make up for today’s game. So, I’m parking myself on the sofa with a can of peanuts, a bag of chips, a double big gulp of ice tea and not moving except to call my daughter to go to McDonalds or Burger King or somewhere to get me some real food.
This weekend we really didn’t do much. We had planned to go to the storage and pull out the summer clothes and throw in the new junk we’ve collected. But, we didn’t do it. Yes, we are the kind of people that don’t do things today when we can put it off for tomorrow. So, next weekend we might try to head out there, but I doubt it. I’m working the extra shifts so me sleeping during the day is already a good excuse not to. Anyway, there’s always next weekend. Besides, there is the JROTC competition going on at the Coliseum this weekend. The girl’s school isn’t participating, but it’s still fun to watch. I’ll probably sleep through it, but the wife and the girls will probably go.
Still no call from the boss, so I’m going to get started on the publishing process, who knows, I might even get started on chapter two of the River of Magic. I’m putting some Doobie Brothers, the Monkees, Foreigner, and ZZ Top in the playlist today for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment