Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 14

I guess you’re wondering why there wasn’t a blog entry yesterday. Well, I have a good reason. The guy I work with called out sick so my boss stayed the night. Yeah, that was fun. So, it was a waste of a perfectly good day. Today didn’t get any better. There were two Rockies games today and I couldn’t watch any of them. Neither of them were televised. The first game wasn’t scheduled to be televised, which is a bummer and shouldn’t happen. But, the announcer said that since it was a makeup game and it was being made up so soon after the rain out, they couldn’t get a production crew together in time. Now, that just blows. The good news is that the Rockies won both of their games. And, that means that we won all four games sweeping the Mets. Woo Hoo!!! It wasn’t our first sweep of the season. We swept the Dodgers, but that was only a two game series. I’m sure it counts, but this one was four games and it was on the road and it was in Queens where we don’t have the best average. So, this was a major victory for us. We are officially 10-2, the best record in baseball. An even bigger WOO HOO!!!
The dog decided she wanted to dig up the in-law’s flower garden. I didn’t get the brunt of that, but my wife did. I think she’s going to finally lay down the law with my son and make him pay the pet deposit so he can take her back to live with them. She just isn’t working out over here. The only problem is that we don’t think he wants to take her back. He’s done this in the past. He wants a dog a lot, but after he gets one, he always finds a reason for someone else to watch them for a while and that while turns into forever. We’ll see what happens. By the way, does anyone want a dog free of charge? She’s a little excitable, but it’s because she’s still a puppy.
I feel really sorry for my coworker today. I’m not sure what I ate, but it’s starting to smell pretty bad in here.
I sent off for the proof of Cutie Pie, Baby Pie. It should be here in the next few days. Usually, it takes three. I tried something different at the end. I put some pictures of my other books as a selling point. They were color pictures and it printed them in black and white. I hope they came out ok. We’ll see early next week.
Well, I better get started. I’m putting Chicago, Styx, Queen, and the Eagles in the playlist tonight for background listening and I’m starting chapter two.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment