Friday, April 22, 2011

April 22

Ok , ok, everyone settle down. I spent the last two complete days working the extra project my boss gave me. So, when I come in today, do I get a nice job? Do I get a thanks that was a really good presentation? No. Everyone that saw me asked “Hey, don’t you know how to spell ‘Vender’”. Well, the answer was yes. I do know how to spell ‘Vender’. Our boss is from Morocco, and on all of the paperwork he puts out, he always spelled ‘Vender’ with an o, ‘Vendor’. I had to physically show three people that both spellings are ok, but the spelling with an o is a European, or mainly England English spelling. The spelling with an e is the American spelling. I didn’t see my boss, I can just see him telling me to do it over and put his spelling on everything. He’ll tell me that he won’t want to confuse people, or something stupid like that. Well, I’ll find out on Monday. Nothing to lose sleep over.
The Rockies dropped their first game with the Marlins. It ended at 1-4. Their pitcher, who I can’t remember the name of at the moment nearly threw a no hitter at us. Dexter Fowler knocked out a base hit in the ninth. But, we couldn’t monopolize on it. For some reason, everything wasn’t going our way today. So, it’s best to just put this one to bed and get on with the next two. Sunday’s game looks like it’s going to be a short one. The Marlins have their ace pitcher going head to head against our ace pitcher. If we’re talking no hitters, that would be the game to get one. Let’s hope it’ll be on our side. Ubaldo didn’t do as good as his norm last week. But, he didn’t pitch most of Spring Training and he took a couple of weeks off with an injured finger after the first game of the season. So he’s just getting back into his stride. Hopefully Sunday’s game will be a good one. Too bad I’m going to have to record it and watch it in the evening. We have a bunch of Easter stuff planned and none of it is near a TV.
Well, the car isn’t as bad as it looked yesterday. We had a huge windstorm blow through. It only lasted about twenty minutes, but it was a mean one. It blew a tree over, and naturally, it landed on my car. It didn’t even land on the new car. No, it had to land on the one that’s half way paid off and has better gas mileage. But, today when I had a chance to look at it without the tree, the damage wasn’t as bad as it looked yesterday. The back and side windows are shattered and the back corner on the driver’s side is smushed in. But, it is still drivable. Which is lucky, because I had just put gas in it the day before.
Since I was working on the project for the last two days, I haven’t been doing anything else. I’m putting in Led Zeppelin, REO Speedwagon, and Styx in the playlist and getting started on Gremlin Planet. I’m about halfway through the first chapter. I should be able to finish that up and start on chapter 2. But, speaking of Styx, when we were in New Jersey, my wife made friends with a lady whose husband is the lead singer in a band. We went a few times and they were really good. We haven’t seen them in about six or seven years. On facebook, the lady posted that his band is opening for Yes and Styx. Can you believe that? I might end up knowing someone that’s going to be famous.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment