Friday, April 15, 2011

April 15

The Rockies are on a roll. They beat up on the Cubs today at home, stretching their winning record to 11-2 and their winning streak to 7 games in a row. Chacin threw a beautiful shutout today, only walking one guy. Iannetta came up with the bases loaded and only one out. He crushed one to deep center for a three run triple. Then, while they were trying to throw him out at third, it went wide and he waltzed in home. It was great. The other run was by Johnny Herrera. He is still doing incredible. He made it on base nearly every at bat. Todd Helton hit the double that brought Johnny in. I can’t wait until tomorrow for the next game. I know it was just the first game of the series, but I’m looking for back to back sweeps. Yeah buddy.
I had to go in at noon today for the second installment of the extra training. It sucks getting off at 6 and then trying to make it back in at noon because I can never go right to sleep when I get home. But, when it was over, I was able to stop off at the DMV. It wasn’t too busy today so I only had to wait for about an hour. I had my book so it wasn’t too bad. But, when I got up to the counter, they told me that the car company still hadn’t sent in our paperwork so we can get the plates. We bought the car way back in mid January. That’s three months. I strongly recommend not going to Go AutoNation off of I-25 and Broadway. Worst experience ever. I’m usually don’t make formal complaints, but I’m going to go to their website and submit a strongly worded message. My wife is going to go down there again tomorrow to find out what’s going on. Hopefully she can get it all straightened out.
It looks like they’re going to change my schedule at work. I usually work four graveyards and then come in at 2pm on Friday with the weekends off. It’s not a bad schedule because I don’t have to go back to work until Monday night. It’s like having three days off. But, the new company is complaining that on Friday I’m working an overtime schedule, even though they aren’t paying me overtime. Their day begins at midnight, so from midnight to six and then two until ten all goes on that one day. So, they are going to have to rearrange something. I’ll probably end up working five graveyards. We’ll see.
I got a healthy way into chapter two yesterday and I’m looking forward to finishing it off tonight. So, I’m putting Whitesnake, Tesla, Guns n roses, and Dokken in the playlist for tonight. It’s Friday and I feel like rocking out as I work.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment