Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April 5

Tulo finally got his first homer. The Rockies won their first game against the Dodgers today 3 to zip. Ianetta also hit a homer. He has been a monster offensively since he was named the starting catcher. Helton nearly hit a double. It was over the fielder’s head and off the wall. He rounded first and headed for second, but he just wasn’t fast enough. I don’t think his double days are over. The fielder just got a good jump on it and had a lucky throw. Wiggington and Lopez had a few good plays. I was hoping Johnny Herrera would have gotten the start at second base, but Lopez has been filling Barmes’s shoes very nicely. With the snow day Sunday and the day off yesterday, the Rockies have played the least games in the NBL. But, that doesn’t matter as long as we’re winning.
My wife picked up some colored pencils for me today, so I should be able to work on the cover for Cutie Pie, Baby Pie tomorrow. If I get if finished, I’ll scan it in and update the website. I took a bunch of the crap off of it so I have a few pages that are pretty sparse. I’m thinking about revamping the entire thing. If anyone wants to take a look at it before I change it up, it is at www.thomnichols.com Now that I got the supplies, I’m thinking about getting ahead on some of the other covers to the upcoming books and turning one of my pages into a coming soon page. We’ll see how it goes.
Speaking of my books, it took me longer to finish my work project yesterday than I thought. I didn’t get a chance to begin chapter two. So, I’ll get that started first thing today.
I have to get off at six in the morning tomorrow and then come back at noon for some training thing. That’s going to suck. I’m really not looking forward to it. But, two hours of overtime is better than no hours of overtime. I just wish it would have been more convenient.
There was a mugging outside of the building last night. I called it in to the police, but they never showed up. The guy that was the victim was being beat up by three guys. He looked homeless, and after we interrupted the beating (It was more of a thrashing than it was a robbery) he refused medical attention and didn’t want to stay around for the police to take his statement. We followed the perpetrator with the security cameras and got a real good close up of him. When I was talking to the 911 operator, I gave the description of the guys and told him the direction they fled into. The operator told us to wait for the police car, but since the victim didn’t want to hang around, I guess the cops didn’t want to come around. We only waited out there for them for a half an hour or so.
Well, it’s time to get started. I’m putting Rush, Men at Work, and Billy Idol in the playlist tonight for background listening and I’m starting chapter 2.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment