Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 19

The Rockies lost their first series. The stupid Giants slapped us around again in the first inning. This time, it was only four runs, but we couldn’t recover. The game ended at 6-3. We play them again tomorrow, and we need to win that one so that they don’t sweep us. For a while, I thought that we were going to make a comeback in the 8th. It was getting pretty close, but we just couldn’t rally. Tomorrow’s game is an early one. I was considering not checking the score when I wake up so that I can watch the replay tomorrow night. But, I think I’m going to check.
I am rearranging my farm on Farmville. It’s not going to interfere with the books though. I’m not falling into the gaming trap again. For a while there, I was playing that stupid game every waking hour my wife wasn’t on it. That’s just not good. But, it is fun for an hour or two. I even started the England farm.
Well, they changed my schedule officially today. I am no longer working the afternoon shift on Fridays anymore. I’m working a straight five graveyards. The other shift was good while it lasted but, everything changes.
I’m going to update my Smashwords account for Cutie Pie, Baby Pie. I didn’t submit the new changes to Createspace yet, but I’m going to do that first thing tomorrow morning. I was wavering yesterday because of the page numbering. But, I think the new way will be better even with the page numbering. So, I’ve decided to go ahead and make the changes. I know looking back I would rather have it the way I want it. So, I’m going to add a blank page or something at the beginning.
Since I won’t be watching baseball tomorrow, I think I’m going to update my website. www.thomnichols.com I still haven’t decided what I want to do with the last two pages, but there isn’t any hurry. I’ll probably add more links and maybe make it a little more professional looking. I think I’ll even add an option to buy directly from me for a discounted price. We’ll see.
I worked on Gremlin Planet yesterday. I got about a third of the way through the first chapter. I’m sure I’ll finish it today. It does feel more fun than the one I was working on earlier. I don’t want to put that one down, because I am going to finish it. But, I think I need something fun to get me back into the swing of writing again. I took way too long of a break.
I’m putting Simon and Garfunkel, (maybe a little Simon without Garfunkel) April Wine, Bread, Crosby Stills and Nash, (maybe a little Crosby Stills Nash and Young) and Meatloaf in the playlist today for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment