Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dec 1

Today was the first day of the new company that took over. There was a representative from our old company and a few from the new one. The big boss came down and a member from the management office. They brought doughnuts and coffee. It was a very well planned conversion. The only problem that came up was kind of a funny one. The new company took over at 0600. (That’s six in the morning for all of you non-military types) In order to convert, two of us had to get off work and two people had to start work. Everyone showed up on time. So, as we were leaving I looked at all of the head honchos. They were all standing around looking like they were lost. There wasn’t anything for them to do, so they just stared at each other. I’m sure it was great moral support seeing them come down and supervise the change over, but all that happened was two guys came to work and two guys left. I don’t know what happened to the doughnuts, because I didn’t get any. But, I’m sure after half an hour or so of standing around looking at each other, someone said “Well, that’s about it, see you later.”
I was really looking forward to having Saturday the 4th off. It would have been my first day off in about a month and a half. But no, I have to work that day. My first day off is going to be Sunday the 5th. Well, at least it probably means that there is still going to be overtime available with this new company. But, the world better look out. I’m going to have a paycheck in my hand and I’m planning on doing some serious Christmas shopping.
I put both the Great Detective and Kidnapped into the self publishing app at Createspace. I’ve ordered the proof for the Great Detective, but as soon as I did, I found a mistake. I was so angry. Now, I had to resubmit it with the correction and wait until it is approved before I can order a new proof. Oh well, at least I saw the mistake. (It was pretty obvious)
I’m going to start working again on Cutie Pie, Baby Pie. With all of the training and the audio book I was listening to, I didn’t get a chance until today. But I’ve been putting a lot of good thinking into it and I should be rocking and rolling on it. I’m going to put in some Christmas music for background music tonight. So, I better get going.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment