Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dec 21

We made cookies and peanut clusters today. I bought a bag of cookie mix at SAMS the other day. It said that it was going to make 21 dozen cookies. Well, they didn’t take into account the size of my cookies. We didn’t end up with half that many. I think the bag of mix was expecting us to make quarter sized cookies. I had to go to work before the rest of the cookies were finished, but we might be making more tomorrow if there isn’t enough. Then, all of the kids on my wife’s side of the family are coming over to decorate them. We bought a lot of frosting and my mom gave us a bunch of sprinkles. We do it every year and its pretty fun. The kids make a mess and some of the cookies turn out really good. We have some artists in there. We used to do it for all of the kids on my side of the family too, but for some reason it was phased out. I’m not sure even when we stopped. I made the peanut clusters all by myself. It was too crowded to do both at the same time, so I went upstairs to make them. I brought up a folding table, covered it with wax paper, and filled it up with the little delicious chocolate treats. We thought about doing them tomorrow, but if we have to make extra cookies we won’t have the space downstairs. Besides, they need to cool so the chocolate solidifies. If we did it tomorrow, the kids wouldn’t be able to take them home with them. I wouldn’t be too upset about that, it would just mean more for me.
My eldest daughter’s Army physical was rescheduled to Monday. She was supposed to have it tomorrow. But, because of Christmas, the Army is cutting their working hours this week. She’s still excited. She’s going to spend two months in South Carolina and then four months in Georgia. It’ll be the first time she’s been away from home for a significant amount of time, but I think I’m more worried than she is.
My granddaughter came over today, but I didn’t really get a chance to see her. She was downstairs with the cookie brigade and I was upstairs. I usually take her home when I go to work. But, today she didn’t want to go. Usually we can convince her. But, today she made a stand. Of course my wife didn’t put up with fits when our kids were little and she didn’t give in for the granddaughter. Although, she was really tired from spending the afternoon in the hot kitchen making cookies. Still the baby fought us as we got her shoes and jacket on. When we put her in the car, she turned away from me and wouldn’t even look at me the whole trip. (Or, at least the whole trip she was awake for. She fell asleep within a minute of me driving away from the house.) Usually, we talk the whole way to her house.
The lunar eclipse last night was very interesting. From where I was, it didn’t look like a total eclipse. I could still see a little silver on the top. But, I might not have seen the whole thing. I was at work and had to do some work stuff. For some reason they didn’t want me to take three hours out of my schedule so I could gaze up at the moon. Still, it was really nice. The moon looked very far away.
I finished chapter 16 yesterday and I’m starting chapter 17 today. I didn’t get a chance to work on My Private Dance, so I might get that done today. Yesterday there were just too many things going on. So, I’m putting some Ratt, Scorpions, and Aerosmith in the playlist tonight for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment