Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dec 14

It’s been a few very busy days since I posted, so this might be a long one. Let’s start with the Broncos. It was another embarrassing loss. It was a game of turnovers. Unfortunately, it was us turning the ball over. There are only three games left and there doesn’t look like we can do anything except prepare for next year. I still have tickets to the last game of the season against the Chargers. So, even though it doesn’t look like they’re showing up, I hope the Broncos pull themselves together and take a stand on these last three games. We can’t end our season with only three wins. On the bright side, Baseball season is just around the corner. I was looking up the schedule for spring training. The Rockies play down in Scottsdale Arizona. I’m going to try to make it out there for the week of the 6th through the 12th. It looks like there are more home games that week with a couple of away games in the middle. The wife and I are pretty big Rockies fans, so we were thinking about making it an early 20th anniversary. The kids are old enough to take care of themselves and even go to school without us hounding them. It would be nice to have a whole week to ourselves. But, then we were thinking about driving down to Tucson or Yuma and jumping across the border so we can buy the girls Prom and military ball dresses. They’re much cheaper down there, and we could make a day of it. But, if we were going to do that, we would have to take the girls with us. If we did that, it wouldn’t be much of an anniversary. But, we would still be able to go to the spring training games. I guess we’ll see when the time comes.
This was my first whole weekend off in a month and a half, and I spent way too much money on Christmas presents. I always go a little overboard, but it is fun so I don’t plan on stopping. We should have planned it a little better. We bought the baby a bunch of stuff, but we had to take back three of the gifts because the kids already got her the same things. We had even wrapped one of them before we realized we duplicated it. I worked a day shift on Monday so that I would have the whole day off today to sneak out while the kids were at school and Maria was at work. But, we still have a few gifts to get everyone and I know I would have made some more duplicates. So, I held off and will arrange another sneaking out later.
I’m still waiting on Createspace to ship my latest two books. If I want to get them out to everyone before Christmas, they better hurry. I put the order in early last week and they still haven’t shipped it. I’m getting a little worried. It usually takes about a week after they ship it and with the holidays, they’re cutting it very close.
My eldest daughter found out she could graduate early. So, she was thinking about joining the Army and being out of boot camp by the time high school ends. But, that would mean that she would miss her prom and the military ball. So, she’s going to stick it out. On the 20th, she gets to take her placement test to see what types of jobs she is qualified for. All of the teachers at her school are helping her study for the ASVAB. Her only problem is that she has to lose 6 pounds before that Monday or they’ll have to reschedule it. She has to be fewer than 122 for her height. Everyone is trying to help. There isn’t any visible candy or cookies anywhere and everyone is giving her advice on what to eat and how to exercise. We even went to a barbeque on Saturday where there was chocolate cake. It looked like she wanted some, but she didn’t even try to sneak a taste. We’re trying to keep her from burning herself out, but she’s exercising like crazy. We bought her a scale and she lost two pounds over the weekend. I’m sure she’ll make the weight by Monday.
My niece had a birthday on Friday. I had to work all day, so I wasn’t able to go. The wife and the kids were going to go, but I’m not sure if they did or not. There was a little confusion about whether she was going to have a little party or not. The kids said that her boyfriend sent a text saying it was on, but my wife received one from her saying that it was canceled. Either way, no one knew where it was. She moved in with her boyfriend recently and no one knows where he lives. Either way, Jen, if you read this, Happy Belated Birthday. Speaking of parties, we’re going to have a Christmas party with the family on this Saturday, the 18th at my brother’s house. I don’t think that there would be any way to get us all together on Christmas. So, it works out better. We’re going to try something different this year instead of a Secret Santa. My brother called it a White Elephant. He explained it to me, but I’m going to have to give you the details on Monday because both of us came away with different ideas of what it was. I think my brother is just trying to confuse us.
I had a miserable day at work on Monday, so I didn’t do anything then or over the weekend. But, I finished chapter 13 on whatever day I worked on it. I’m going to work on 14 today, to get my mind back on track. I need to stop slacking off. It isn’t going to be a long book. But, I haven’t been putting my all into it. I’m blaming Christmas as a distraction.
Well, I told you it was going to be a long one. I better get to work, so until tomorrow…
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment