Monday, December 6, 2010

Dec 06

Well, they finally did it. The Broncos fired Coach Josh McDaniels. We lost by four points on Sunday against the Chiefs. I didn’t get to see the game, but I heard it was back and forth. The score was ten to six so at least it wasn’t a blowout. We’re officially 3 and 9, it’s the worst season we’ve had in I can’t remember how long. We have no chance to get into the post season, so we only have a month of football left. I don’t know who they are going to get yet, but we need to start working on next season right now. That’s pretty sad when you are looking forward to next season when it is barely December. But, what else is there to do. I still have tickets to the last game of the season against San Diego. It won’t mean anything, but I’ll be out there rooting them on.
Instead of watching the football game on Sunday, I was out Christmas shopping. It was my first day off in a month and a half, so I was anxious. Unfortunately, I was a little too anxious. I spent so much money it isn’t even funny. And, I didn’t really get all that much stuff. We did get two of the big presents out of the way. We usually get one big present for the kids and then a few little ones. I’m in charge of the stockings, so I got them out of the way with first. But, even when you are putting in the little dollar candies and two or three dollar trinkets, when there are seven stockings you have to fill, those things add up. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. But, I nearly blew my budget in one day. I’m going to have to be much more careful during the rest of the month.
I didn’t work on chapter 10 on Saturday. I had to do some things at work and I had to proof read my boss’s homework. But, I was also really tired. Switching from graveyard to days is difficult. And, sometimes it’s hard to sleep at night. Friday night was one of those nights. Then, I was called in early so I didn’t get any sleep until Saturday night. But, when I crashed, I crashed. The baby stayed over and I tried to stay up until she went to sleep, but couldn’t do it. She was lying between me and my wife watching cartoons on On-Demand. I tried putting her to sleep, but she really wanted to watch Mickey Mouse’s Clubhouse. I could feel myself dozing and she did her best to keep me up. But I didn’t make it. When the show ended, she woke up my wife who was finally able to put her to sleep. But, I was already gone.
So, I’m starting chapter 10 today. I’m just going to put the radio on in the background, because I don’t want to go through the playlist and choose things. I could just save old playlists, but I never know what I want to listen to until I start. See you next time.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment