Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dec 22

The Christmas cookie decoration was a huge success. Today was the day we invited all of the nieces and nephews from my wife’s side of the family over to frost and decorate Christmas cookies. It was a lot of fun. I had to work during the day until six. When I got home, the little kids had finished their decorating. The older kids were just starting. I managed to snag five cookies before they were all done. Of course mine were the best, but some of the kids might grow up to be artists. They were really good. Some of the others were just a mishmash of frostings mixed together with a ton of sprinkles topping them off. I feel sorry for the person that has to eat them. (It might be me. But, I’ll suffer through it. I never turn down a cookie if I can help it.) After the cookies were done, we broke out a couple of bags of pretzels and dipped them. We used Vanilla for the pretzels because we used chocolate for the clusters. Yep, all kids are going to have to go to the dentist after visiting my house.
After cleaning up, I grabbed a quick dinner and then had to get ready to come back to work. It is surprising how quickly time flies by when you are doing something fun. I’m sure it will drag tonight. But, at midnight, it is payday and I can finally order my last present. I’m going to have to pay through the nose to get it here by Christmas, but it will be worth it. I won’t tell you what it is in case the someone I’m getting it for reads this.
With the lack of sleep, I’m going to take the day off. So, I won’t be starting chapter 18 tonight, unless a bout of unsleepyness attacks me. Otherwise, I’m going to listen to an audio book to pass the time. If I concentrate on it and play a lot of spider solitaire I should be able to stay awake the whole night. Chapter 17 is finished, but I still didn’t get chapter 2 of My Private Dance jotted down. I got caught up in the other one and just couldn’t put it down. Since I’m not going to do anything tonight, I’ll try to get it done on Friday. If not, it’ll be Monday.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment