Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dec 2

I can’t believe my old company. They’ve only been my old company for one day and already they’re giving me grief. After the big switchover, I knew they were going to hold our last check until we turned in our uniforms. But, today was a regular payday and our last payday is on the 16th, for only three and a half days. Of course, I get a call from another former employee in my same boat and she says that the deposits didn’t go in. I check the bank and the direct deposit didn’t go through on mine either. Very upset, I call down there and they say that it was a banking error and all of the direct deposits didn’t go in for the whole company. They are supposed to be in tomorrow. Well, that doesn’t do it for people like me with internet banking. Normally, I have bills going out as soon as the payroll goes in. Luckily it’s nearly Christmas. I got ahead of my bills this month expecting this check to be my Christmas gift check. I could have been over-drafted and then the bank would charge me a fee and I would already be behind without buying anything. Well, all I have to say is it had better be in there tomorrow.
I finished chapter 8 yesterday and I’m going to work on chapter 9 today. I probably shouldn’t have wasted so much time listening to the audio books, but it was nice to have a little break. I have submitted both Kidnapped and the Great Detective for proofs. They should be here in a few days and if they’re ok, they should be up for sale sometime in the beginning of next week.
My youngest daughter is heading up the Toys for Tots charity drive at her school. They have collected a bunch of toys and are looking at the Children’s hospital to donate them. She was on the phone with them all late afternoon trying to schedule a pick up or a delivery. My eldest daughter on the other hand got a ticket in the mail for failure to stop at an intersection while turning right on a red. The pictures they sent us showed a car coming. I know she’s a careful driver, but she’s going to have to be much more careful than that. I had a few good words with her and so did my wife. At least she didn’t get in an accident. My son made it to court earlier in the week. He has his license suspended and if he is caught driving one more time they are going to lock him up for a mandatory 30 days. My granddaughter came over today and yesterday. She’s very smart, and we had a major discussion on Christmas cookies on the way to her house as I was dropping her off. She is still confused a little bit about how Santa lives at the North Pole and is also inside the malls, but she is all set on the cookies. All we have to do now is go out and buy the stuff to make and frost them. We’re probably going to do that over at my son’s house. It will be their first Christmas on their own. We’re going to get a video camera, but we’ll have plenty of stills too.
Well, I better get to work. I’m putting Duran Duran, Rush, Cars, and Men at Work into the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment