Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dec 29

All right, this is the last time I’m going to mention Subway breakfast sandwiches, unless I go again and get another incredible one. This time, I went and got a flatbread foot long and I put onions and southwest sauce on it. Yes, it was mouthwatering. I even dreamed about it after I ate it. So, I’m going to have to not go there again for a while so that I don’t wear it out.
My imaginary person I created to cheat at Farmville on Facebook friended my youngest daughter just to see if she would accept a friend from a stranger. Can you believe it, she accepted. Now, I’m going to have to send her weird messages from him. No, just kidding. I wouldn’t do that. But, when I confronted her about it, she said that she has all of her friend messages redirected to her phone and she just automatically accepted him without looking. A likely story, but she probably did. So, I told her to make sure she checks from now on. Maybe I’ll make up another one to see if she’ll do it again.
Today was a lazy day for me. I think the only meaningful thing I did was go get my granddaughter. I didn’t even drop her off. But, it wasn’t my fault. My wife and her parents and the kids and a bunch of cousins were over making something that I can barely say much less spell, so I’m not going to even try to guess. What they are, are deep fried homemade tortillas coated with a light sprinkle of sugar. They are very good and very crumbly and I usually get them all over the place when I eat them. Since they were all doing that, and I can barely find my way from the stove to the refrigerator in the kitchen, I went into the living room upstairs and watched TV. I must have seen every episode of Two and a half men while they were all slaving away downstairs cooking. I actually thought about going down and lending some moral support, or even watching the baby. But, as the next episode came on, I rolled over to the other cheek and decided against it. Yeah, I’m a bad dad, husband, and grandpa.
I’m getting a little upset about one of my nephews. His name is Josh. If anyone is reading this you can tell him that I’m upset. I still have a set of my books to give him as a Christmas present. I called him on Christmas. I was going to bring them down or he could come spend Christmas dinner with us and pick them up. He doesn’t have a car as far as I know, and my son was going to pick him up. But, he spent the holiday with his new girlfriend and her family. Later, I asked everyone where he lives, because he moved and I don’t know where it is. But, no one can tell me. I might have to break down and call him again. But, that would be too easy. I think it will be more challenging if I continue to ask strangers on the street like I have been doing.
I cranked out a short chapter yesterday and a regular one, so I’m on chapter 22 today. I’m putting the radio on in the background because I told you earlier that I’m being lazy today and I don’t want to go through the song list to guess on what I want to listen to today.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment