Friday, December 24, 2010

Dec 24

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!
I’m working an evening shift today instead of a graveyard, so I get off at ten, only four more hours. Then I get to be Santa and start assembling stuff. I can’t wait until Christmas morning. This is the first time I’m going to be completely off the entire day in about five years. It’s going to be great.
My last package arrived at the house while I was at work. I was tracking it over the internet. But, I don’t know if anyone was there to receive it. A lot of the time, they will just leave it on the porch. I’m hoping that is what happened. Or, maybe someone was there when it arrived, brought it inside, and then left. I’ve been texting my youngest daughter all afternoon to go and check for me, but she’s out getting the last of her Christmas shopping done with her mom and sister. I was trying to be sneaky by texting her. But, she was in the car a little while ago and called. Unbeknownst to me she had the phone on speaker. I told her to get the box when she got home, take it upstairs, wrap it, and slap a “To Mom from Santa” tag on it. That was when I heard my wife laughing and knew it was on speaker. (I am the worst person in the world when it comes to being sneaky.)
It is so slow at work today that it is a wonder that we have to be here. But, I want that paycheck, so I better stick it out. There are only three hours and forty five minutes left before I’m off now. I think I can tough it out.
Well, I better get going.
Merry Christmas to everyone again!!!!!
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment