Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dec 08

Kidnapped and the Great Detective are finally live. I approved the proofs today and they are up for sale, just in time for Christmas. I haven’t updated my website yet. I was just starting when two of my nephews came over to use the computer to do their homework. So, I’ll do that tomorrow.
I finished chapter 12 yesterday, and I was going to start 13, but for some reason it was hard to stay awake. I didn’t want to mess anything up, so I stopped there. I’ll get to chapter 13 today depending on how much stuff I have to do.
Tomorrow is the big day for my eldest daughter. We’re signing her up for the army. She has been back and forth on whether she should join first and then go to college or to go to college and then join. Finally, she decided on joining the reserves so that she can get boot camp out of the way and then go to college. They’ll sign her up as an officer and pay for most of it and then she will go in as an officer. The only drawback is that she is required to sign up for six years. But, since it is what she wants to do, it isn’t really a drawback. I’ll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow.
The JROTC bake sale went well. The girls made enough money to hold their JROTC military dance. Now, I just have to come up with the money to buy their dresses. My eldest was asking about her prom dress today and after I agreed to buy it for her, she told me it would be about five hundred dollars. (Yep, my mouth fell open right then too) I think we might have to shop around on the dresses, especially since they both have two events, the prom and the military dance where they both need two dresses that they are only going to wear once. But, I’ll worry about that after Christmas.
Well, I have some actual work to do before I can get going so I better get to it. I’m putting some Boston, Chicago, and Heart in the playlist for background music tonight.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment