Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dec 16

Kind of a mixed day today. I went to turn in my uniforms to my old company so I could get my last check. I was stressing it, because I think there were some from way back that I never turned in and don’t have any more. I couldn’t turn them in until after 1 pm, so when I got off work at 6 am I took the wife out to breakfast and then got to sleep by about 8. Since I was worried about getting my last check, I woke up about 12. When I arrived, they started giving me a hard time, but I just told them I turned them in way back when and they took my word for it. Their paperwork wasn’t really that detailed. The check wasn’t very much, but it was better than nothing. This change over screwed me out of a bunch of money. I was working 7 days with many 12 hour days due to the shortage of people. On the week of the change over, I worked over 60 hours, but none of it was overtime. Three and a half days went to the old company, two days went to the new company and the rest went to the new company on a different pay period. But, we won’t get into that again. I went down to deposit my check and got a little bit more Christmas shopping in. I only have two more gifts to buy. I was searching for the store, but I couldn’t find it. I just looked it up on the internet and I’ll hit it up this weekend. I spent the rest of the day wrapping presents and not sleeping. Needless to say I’m a little tired now. The worst thing is that I have to work the afternoon shift tomorrow so I won’t get to make up the sleep. I can already see a cranky day coming up tomorrow. But, then there is always the weekend.
The baby came over today. I hadn’t seen her in two days. When she arrived, she was a little standoffish. I think she was mad at me for not picking her up yesterday. But, as soon as we started playing, she melted and we had a lot of fun. We were playing a game where she would hide under a blanket so I couldn’t find her. Then, I would ask the room very loudly if she was in the closet or in a drawer and things like that. She would answer that she wasn’t in them. After a few guesses, I would sneakily take hold of the blanket and ask if she was under the blanket and I would pull it off. She would scream and I would tickle her and then we would do it again. Very fun.
The girls and my wife spent most of the evening making burritos to sell at school for the JROTC drive. They are selling them to make money for the military dance. (Too bad they can’t sell them to make money for their dresses)
I didn’t get a response from the support team at Createspace and my books are still in a ‘Queued for printing’ status. It looks like they aren’t going to be ready for Christmas. I’ll just have to give them out as after Christmas presents. I finished chapter 14 yesterday and I’m starting 15 today. I put the radio on a 70’s and 80’s channel for background music. But, if I keep yawning, I might take tonight off. I don’t want to mess anything up.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment