Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dec 23

This is my 100th posting, so ENJOY.
Most of the books are delivered. My wife is going to deliver the last few tomorrow for me and then all of my Christmas shopping will be done. This is the first year ever that my shopping has been done before Christmas Eve. We decided to have my son’s family come over to us instead of us going over there. There is just no way that we would be able to fit all of the presents and all the kids in the car to get them down there. It isn’t because there are hundreds of presents, but there are several really large ones. (One of them just holds a small key to a lock, but I put it in a box that would hold a dresser.)
Not much happened today. It was laundry day. (Yuck) But, we did go out and eat afterwards. We went to a place called Santiago’s. It’s a really good and really small Mexican food place. The last time we went there, we all ordered medium as far as the chili they used to smother their burritos. I don’t know what they mean by medium, but what we got just about set fire to my hair. I can just imagine what hot would have tasted like. So, I ordered mild today. I told him that I wanted it so mild it came out of their oven cold. To me, it was just perfect. To my wife and kids, it was too mild. So, next time, they’re going to get theirs half mild and half medium. (They might have called me a little girl for liking the mild, but I won’t be the one shooting flames out of my you-know-what tonight.)
I created a pretend person on Facebook and I just made him one of my friends. I don’t particularly like playing the games on Facebook, but I’ve been participating on the Farmville one because everyone keeps sending me gifts. So, I thought that I would use my fake friend to send me some stuff to finish my barn. I need some nails or something. So, yes, I’m going to cheat at a game I don’t even really want to play.
I’m taking another day off today. I got into my audio book last night and I need to finish it today. So, until next time, I’m going to get to it.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment