Monday, November 8, 2010

Nov 8

Big weekend. Let’s start with the Great Detective is finished. I am going to re-read it beginning today to check for errors and then send it off to the editor. If anyone is wondering how I finished it so fast, it was a real short funny book, and it was nearly done when I finished with Kidnapped.
It was my anniversary today, and my wife’s birthday on Friday. We had a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesday. All of the kids were there and I know we had just had a get together on my son’s birthday, but it was nice to get them all at the table at the same time.
On Sunday evening, we went to Walmart. Before I start, there was a car parked skewed, so I wasn’t exactly straight. But, I was inside the parking lines. We went inside and we had the baby with us, so you can imagine how hectic it was. Tecia brought two of her little toy babies with her because she couldn’t leave them in the car with the windows up. We spent about an hour in there, and after we had checked out, we noticed that there was only one doll. So, my daughter took the baby out to find her. My wife stopped at McDonalds to buy everyone drinks and I went out to load the car. Well, while I was putting everything in the back, a car pulls in beside me and takes a few minutes to arrange itself so that it is straight. When the people got out, the guy leaned over toward me and said that maybe I should learn how to park. Now, I might have put on a few pounds, but I’m still a big guy. He might not have seen me clearly because it was dark. But, he was a skinny guy and he looked real snotty. So, I stood up and glared at him and said that I had a better idea. I said. “How about I beat the crap out of you and leave you on the ground bleeding.” He turned ashen and jumped back. As he was scampering away rather quickly, I could hear him mumbling that he could beat me up if he wanted to. Feeling pretty good about myself, I finished with the groceries and went back inside Walmart to find everyone. I wanted to tell my wife about the little weasel. When I got inside, everyone was trying to calm down my granddaughter. They couldn’t find her baby and she was afraid that a bad man would get her. So, I couldn’t tell anyone what happened and we promised to get her another baby when we go to the next toy store. (Believe me, my wife will, even if it’s her last dollar.)
It looks like a few more people are not going to sign on with the new company, so there is even more overtime coming up. I don’t mind doing it. It will give me extra money at Christmas, but it is kind of getting ridiculous.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment