Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nov 3

I made almost the biggest mistake in my life today. I let my wife have control of the remote. It was agony. Every time someone said something, no matter what it was or how insignificant, my wife would turn the volume all the way down so that there could be a discussion on whatever it was. It didn’t matter what was on or if the killer was about to be revealed, she would turn it down. Then, it would take her forever to turn it back up. Someone would say something like ‘Move your feet’. The sound would go off. My wife would say something about it, trying to prompt a discussion. No one would say anything or everyone would just nod or something. She would look around to make sure no one had anything else to say. She would sit there and think about it for a while and then she would readjust the volume. The only thing that could have been worse would have been if it was on a Sunday and I was trying to watch a game. I think I’m going to have to hide the remote on Saturday night just to make sure something like that doesn’t happen again.
The baby didn’t come over today. It was the first full day since the kids moved out that I didn’t get to see her. But, I’ll pick her up tomorrow and then drop her off before I go to work. My daughters had their big JROTC inspection today. They were just five points from getting the gold star for their honors platoon. With the gold star, it would have been honors platoon with distinction. That would have been nice. My eldest won’t get another chance at it, but my youngest will next year.
I have to go down to the new company office tomorrow. They are hiring those of us that want to stay here. We have to sign the paperwork and take a drug test. Since I’m working seven day work weeks, I can’t do it on my day off. So, I’m going to get off tomorrow at six, take my wife to work at seven and then get to the new office at eight, when they open. It’ll be the morning rush hour, but it’s better than waking up early to get down there before they close.
I finished chapter 30 yesterday and I’m starting chapter 31 today. I think I’m going to do like I did the other day and put the whole music library into the playlist and set it to shuffle. It’s much easier that picking a few songs here and there.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment