Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nov 4

I went down to the new company to fill out the new hire paperwork and take the drug test. There were about fifty pages worth of stuff that I had to fill out, and on half of them, they wanted my phone number. Well, I never call myself so I don’t know what it is. What I should have done was call my wife and ask her, but I thought it would be better if I put her number down. That way, if they want to get a hold of me to ask me questions that I don’t know (Like what is my pant or shirt size) she can tell them. Then it was time for the drug test. Since I worked overnight, a few hours before I got off, I started holding it. There were two hours after I got off before their office opened, so everything should have been ok. The worst thing that can happen in a drug test is to go there and not have to pee. So, along the way I began drinking a huge 32oz glass of ice tea. By the time they opened, I was hoping that I could do the drug test first because I could have filled up two or three of those little cups. But, the drug test person wasn’t there yet. So, I started signing papers. Finally, when the drug testing lady came in, she handed me a little thin tube a little larger than a lipstick tube. Positive that I could fill up about twenty of them, I asked where the bathroom was. She told me that it wasn’t that kind of test. All I had to do was put it in my mouth and hold it there for fifteen minutes. Of course she had to watch, so I couldn’t run off to the bathroom until after it was finished. By then I was about to explode. They really should have warned us about that. I bet a bunch of people filled up on liquids before they went in there.
My Granddaughter came over today and she was mad at me. We were all lying on the bed having a little family meeting when she started kicking everyone. I caught her little feet and held her legs so that she couldn’t kick and it was like the end of the world. She wouldn’t even look at me until I send my daughters out to get McDonalds. Yep, I’m a bad grandpa. I bribe my granddaughter.
My eldest daughter is spending the night out at a friend’s house tonight. Yes, I know it’s a school night. She’s eighteen and we’ve been letting her go out a little more lately. So far, she hasn’t taken advantage of it. And, she’s responsible. But, we’re going to be getting a new car this month. If she wants to be able to drive it and use it to go out, she’s going to have to continue to be responsible at least until she’s out of school.
I started chapter 35 yesterday. I’m giving myself to the end of next week to have the Great Detective finished. I should be hearing from the editor on Kidnapped by then too. So, very soon, I’ll have all eleven of them finished and up for sale. Well, if I’m going to meet my deadline, I better get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment