Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nov 17

Woo hoo, no snow today. It was a long day. My son forgot to go to appear at court and a warrant was issued against him. So naturally, yesterday while driving, he was stopped and taken into custody. So, my daughter in-law wanted to go see what she could do to get him out today, but she didn’t want to take the baby. So, my wife woke me up at noonish to take her down there and to watch my granddaughter. We found the place all right, and I knew that if I took the baby home I might fall asleep because she was dozing on the way back. So, we went to Target to look at the Christmas stuff. Inside the store, she was sitting in the buggy and leaned her little head over to rest it on my hand. She falls asleep, so I’m driving through the store one hand on the buggy and the other holding her head up. There were a lot of Christmas things I wanted to get, and it gave me the opportunity to do a little browsing for gifts I want to get everyone. I stayed in the store for about an hour and the baby didn’t wake up. So, I finally took her home. I managed to stay awake until my wife got off work and took over the babysitting duties. But, the rest of my day was messed up. I tried to stay awake, but I kept dozing off.
It looks like my son will have to spend a few days in jail and then pay a bond, but he should be ok after that as long as he shows up for whatever court they schedule. So, until he gets out, my daughter in-law will have to juggle dropping the baby off at our house and working until he gets out. My eldest daughter borrowed the car today and got into a little bit of trouble. She went over to a boyfriend’s house and was supposed to be back by 8:30. Instead, she left at 8:30. Of course, it was my fault because I was the one she asked. My youngest daughter came home and gave me a cinnamon roll, and somewhere between my napping, she fell asleep. So, she was asleep when I got up and left for work. I’m not sure what tuckered her out, but she was feeling a little sick the last few days. I think it just caught up to her. When she was awake, the baby learned a new song and wanted to sing it over and over and over. It was the one with the ten monkeys jumping on a bed. And, yes, she was so cute while singing it.
Chapter three was a little more involved than I thought and I didn’t finish it yesterday. I will finish it today and move on to chapter four. So, I putting on some Ozzy, Van Halen, and Dokken in the playlist for background music, and it’s time to get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment