Monday, November 15, 2010

Nov 15

Man did I have a bad burrito for breakfast yesterday. I won’t give you the details, but I couldn’t sleep at all today. But, I feel much better now. I can always sleep tomorrow. So, did everyone catch the Bronco game? 49 to 29. We just needed that week off to get our heads together. Let’s hope that they can do that against the Chargers Monday night next week. It was definitely a fun week for Football. The Jets win in overtime with only 16 seconds left, the Eagles spanked the Redskins by more than thirty points. Even the Cowboys won.
I decided on a name for my Sci/Fi mystery. It’s called Cutie Pie, Baby Pie. I drafted out the paragraphs yesterday and I’m going to start writing today. It looks like it’s going to be a good one.
I emailed my sister yesterday. (I’m the worst person in the world for keeping in touch with people) I feel a little guilty about contacting her, because I asked her if I could use her employee discount to help me get a Christmas present for my wife. I’m hoping that she doesn’t feel that I only want to talk to her when I want something. I did have an ulterior motive. I don’t know her address, and I’m going to send her a present this year. I wanted to ask her on the sly so that she wouldn’t feel obligated to get me anything. So, I figured that if I asked her to use her employee discount, I would have to send her the check and I would need her address for that. (If I was a better brother, I would already know her address, but we won’t get into that.)
My granddaughter has a little bit of a cold and it has given her a froggy voice. It’s so cute, I almost want to leave the window or something open when she’s asleep to keep her sick. (Don’t worry, I would never do that.) Yes, it is still snowy here. It snowed again during the day, but it didn’t stay on the ground very long. At least it isn’t snowing at the moment. I really like the snow, but I don’t like driving in it. At least I missed driving in the first snow. That is the one where everyone totally forgets how to drive in it. After the first one, most people usually calm down and remember what they’re doing. There will always be that one guy that drives four miles an hour on the highway, and the guy swerving around him at ninety, but everyone else begins to pay more attention.
Well, it’s time to get busy. I’m putting Chicago, U2, and ELO in the playlist for some background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment