Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nov 16

When I woke up this afternoon, it was snowing. Since I had to work a twelve hour day, I didn’t have a lot of time to get ready before I had to go to work, so I jumped into the shower. When I got out, my wife said that it was really coming down. I got dressed and turned on the TV to make sure everything was set up to record. An episode of Friends was on, so I watched it and then watched the next one right after it. But, since it was snowing I turned off the TV and decided to get going. It might have been a little early, but it was snowing and it was rush hour. I was sure that downtown was going to be crazy. When I opened the door, all of the snow had already melted. As it turned out, it started raining just after the snow and it washed everything away. Still, the sky looked like it was going to unload again, so I got going. Little did I know that the whole city decided to leave when it was snowing, so by the time I got downtown, rush hour wasn’t so bad. I got to work with about forty minutes to spare.
I finished chapter 1 and half of chapter 2 yesterday. I’m shooting for 3 and 4 today. We’ll see how it goes.
My granddaughter came over today. She wasn’t sick anymore and her froggy voice is gone. It was just too cute. I should have gotten a recording of her. (Yep, I’m a grandpa)
Not much else happened, because I was asleep most of the day. I did get on MSN and was looking at the news, and I couldn’t believe what I read. There was a big, ten page article about how much some guy spent on Star Wars stuff over twenty or twenty five years. I read through the whole thing and it was stupid. I thought he was going to have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on movie memorabilia, but in the twenty or twenty five years he only spent three thousand dollars. In all of the books, movies, and toys over the years, I’m sure I’ve spent more than that on Star Wars junk. That will teach me to waste my time reading MSN news.
Well, time to get to work. I’m putting Scorpions, Great White, White Lion, and Ratt in the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment