Saturday, November 13, 2010

Nov 13

Whenever I buy a lottery ticket, (twice a week) I hardly ever get a number. There have been times when I won three dollars, and once I think I won a seven dollar prize, but never any of the big ones. So, when I bought my regular tickets, I didn’t expect anything different. But, when the guy at 7-11 was printing up the tickets, one of them curled around the machine and disappeared. The guy started looking around. He opened the machine to see if it went inside, but he couldn’t find it. I went over to the magazine rack and moved it a little to look behind. I didn’t find my ticket, but I did find one from July. Excitement welled up inside me. I pocketed the one from July and the guy printed a new one for today’s drawing. When I got to work, I was sure that the one I found was going to be a winner. That was how things like that worked. It was someone else’s bad luck that they didn’t get the July one and it was my good luck that I found it. Jumping on the internet, I looked up the past winning numbers and at first glance, it looked like there was a jackpot winner for that ticket. Upon a closer look, it was the next weeks drawing that had the jackpot winner. So, I looked at the numbers and there was only one out of six matching numbers. So, it wasn’t a winner. But, now that I think of it, I know what’s going to happen. There is going to be a jackpot winner this week and it is going to be the ticket the 7-11 guy lost. It will be my bad luck and whoever found its good luck.
My granddaughter came over today. She’s spending the night so the kids can have a Saturday night to themselves. They were talking about making a little brother or sister for my granddaughter a few weeks ago, maybe something will happen tonight and I’ll have some good news coming up. My eldest daughter also went out on a date tonight. As I was talking to her, I just happened to ask what movie they were going to go see, and she said she didn’t know. It didn’t seem to matter to her. Now that I think about it, if there is good news, I hope it isn’t from her. I hope she has a good time, but not that good of a time.
My wife and her mom made homemade tamales today. They do it all from scratch and it was an all day thing. The girls were supposed to help, but they didn’t really do much. But, an auntie and an uncle came over and they broke out a case of beer so they didn’t mind the work as much. Luckily, I worked overtime all night, so I, like the girls, got out of it as I slept.
Well, The Great Detective is done and off to the editor. I’m starting the Sci/Fi mystery today. It sounds like it’s going to be good.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment