Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nov 11

Well, it snowed twice now, and it looks like it’s going to snow again. I’ve been a little lax over the last few days about updating my blog. I’ve been trying to finish the Great Detective re-read so that I can get it sent off to get it edited. I still haven’t heard back from Kidnapped. But that should be any day now. I still have one more day for the re-read and it will be finished today. I was thinking about taking a little break before starting the next one, but it looks like that isn’t going to happen. I’ve already have it whizzing around in my mind trying to get me to put it to paper. SO, I’ll start working on it Friday. I don’t have a title for it, but it is a Sci/fi police mystery. It sounds good in my head so I hope whoever reads it will like it.
Time to complain about my wife. (This is getting to be a habit) Well, she came home and I was trying to watch something, but she doesn’t like the show. So, she began telling me about her day. She had a long one. She had to work overtime today too. So, she talked and talked all the way until the commercial came on. Then, she took a break. It was ok. I was interested in her day, but I thought that was the end of it. As soon as the commercials finished, however, she started back in on a different part of her day. For some reason, she continued in that fashion until my show was over. It was a good thing that I recorded it, because I have no idea what happened.
With so much overtime going on, I really don’t know what’s going on with the family and I know that sounds bad. I didn’t even know they were going to be off of school today for Veteran’s Day until they told me yesterday. But, they took the baby to Chucky Cheese and said that they had a good time. The giant mouse still scares my granddaughter. But, one of these days, when she gets a little older and sees other kids excited about meeting costumed people, we’ll get pictures.
Since it’s been colder lately, we turned on one of the portable heaters. As it turns out, those things like to knock out the power. It’s going to be very interesting this winter, because the new apartment we live in above the in-laws place doesn’t have heat. It looks like we’re going to have to break out a loooooot of blankets.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment