Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nov 18

Well, I was lazy yesterday and it looks like I’m going to be lazy today. When I started writing chapter 4, I wrote a page and then deleted it, started over, wrote the page again and deleted it. Giving up for the day, I spent the time listening to the 5th Harry Potter audio book. Since I didn’t even get half way through, I think I’m going to finish it today. That’ll give me a chance to go over the chapter in my head so that I can get it right.
My wife paid the bond to get my son out of the clink. As long as he shows up to his court date, he should be ok. As it turned out, he was going to a job interview when he was stopped. Let’s hope they give him a second chance after missing it. My eldest daughter told me today that she doesn’t want to go right away into college. She wants to go into the army first. She had already wanted to go into the army it was just a matter of when. So, we’ll go talk to a recruiter one of these days when I don’t have to work so much overtime.
It was payday today, and I planned on going to the store to get a jumpstart on some Christmas shopping, but it looked like my cold came back. I thought that I had gotten rid of most of it when I first started working all of this overtime. For the last week, I only had a stuffy nose. But, now it’s back. It wouldn’t be so bad if I could just take a handful of cold medicine and sleep it off. But, I haven’t had a day off since mid October. It doesn’t feel as bad as last time, so maybe it won’t stick. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. And I’ll take something in the morning before I go to sleep.
Since I’m not working, I better put the audio book in so that I can listen to it. I know myself. If I don’t finish it today, I will probably be tempted to finish it tomorrow and then I wouldn’t get anything done tomorrow either.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment