Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mar 29

I survived the second day of Spring Break. Actually the kids were really good. They only woke me up once so that I could give them my credit card to go get something to eat. But, I think that was on purpose. When I’m only half awake, they could ask for pretty much anything and I would just agree so that I could go back to sleep. We used to do that to my wife whenever she had a few too many. In fact, we would encourage her to have an extra or two and then tell her that we needed to go to the store. Then, it wouldn’t matter what we threw into the buggy. I did wake up once because the dog was outside the door whining. It was cold and no one was out there for her to play with. So, I let her in. I’m not sure how she got out again, but when I woke up, she was outside again.
The Rockies lost to the Mariners again today. That’s two in a row. We had a few really good hits, but we had a little problem with pitching which gave Seattle a few more good hits than we got. But, there is only one more game before Spring Training ends and then the big day is Friday. At least today’s game was televised. For the longest, they weren’t showing any games. Then, they would show only the Sunday games. I’m hoping that they’ll show tomorrow’s game. It’s the last one, they should. In the interview after today’s game, Tracy said that he would have the starting lineup published. I’m sure we can all guess what it is, but it’s better to get the official word. I’ll still be sorry to see some of the guys go. Tracy’s going to have a tough decision.
It was laundry day today. My wife decided to wash all of the blankets and pillows and stuff. That just makes it take twice as long. But, I survived. (I really didn’t do much. I’m more the loader and un-loader.)
My youngest daughter left herself logged in on Facebook today. Being the kind of father that I am, I began sending messages out to all of her friends. Actually, I only sent one. Somehow, about an hour later, she gave me a call and knew it was me that did it. I thought I was being very sneaky.
I was listing to the Cars today while I wasn’t helping with the laundry and was working on the cover for Cutie Pie, Baby Pie. Just what I needed came on and that song seems good while listening to it, but I’ve never been able to figure out what he says in the chorus. So, I looked it up and here is what Ric Ocasek says:
I guess you’re just what I needed.
I need someone to feed.
What does that mean? Why would you need someone to feed? It doesn’t make any sense in the song and now I’m even more confused than when I didn’t know the words. I think I’m going to go back to what I did before I knew what it said and I’ll make up my own words.
Speaking of the Cars, I’m going to put them in my playlist tonight along with Olivia Newton John, the Eagles, and Fleetwood Mac. Now, let’s hear the applause. I’m starting chapter two tonight. Chapter one is in the books.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment