Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mar 22

No game today, but it is still one day closer to opening day. The official countdown is at eleven more days.
My son’s apartment found out that he had a dog living there with them, so he had to bring it over to our house until they can come up with the money to add the pet allowance to the lease. Her name is Canela, that’s Spanish for Cinnamon, and she is still a puppy. She’s about six months or eight months old and she is super hyper. I scared everyone today unintentionally. My wife took Canela outside so that I could sleep during the daytime. But, we’ve had problems with other dogs getting out of the fence. So, we placed some boards and rocks up against the gate and it looks pretty secure. So, I woke up sometime after noon and I looked out the bathroom window to see her sitting at the top of the stairs. She was shivering. So, I let her back inside. When my wife and the kids got home, they didn’t see the dog in the yard and started searching for her. Thinking I was asleep upstairs, they didn’t even bother to look inside with me. Besides, they think I don’t like dogs because I wouldn’t let them have one while my kids were growing up. (It’s not that I don’t like them, I just don’t like having them chained up. When I was a kid, we had three dogs and we didn’t have a fence. The dogs were too big to be inside dogs so they had to stay chained up all the time. We moved around a lot and we lived in apartments or townhomes most of the time. I didn’t want to have to put a dog through that.) Anyway, they finally came upstairs to find her sleeping on the sofa. Of course when everyone got home, she started freaking out again. She’s very excitable. She also misses my granddaughter. Overnight last night, she whined for her most of the night.
I finally found book three to the Soldier’s Son series by Robin Hobb. I’ve been looking for it everywhere. (Well, everywhere except a book store) I’m not exactly cheap, but I do like a bargain, so I usually look at used book stores for my books. Anyway, I finally found it about two or three weeks ago. I had intended to read it next, but I left it in the bag and put it on the shelf and forgot about it. A couple of books later, I finally opened that bag that has been sitting on the shelf for so long and discovered my book again. So, I’m starting it today.
Speaking of books, I got a little bit done yesterday on the River of Magic. I’m going to continue with chapter one today. I’m putting Rush, Dire Straits, and the Stray Cats in the playlist today for background music. So, I guess it’s time to get going.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment