Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mar 23

It’s the top of the eighth and the Rockies are up 6 to 4 and I’m at work. I’m being forced to listen to it on the radio. (The Mariners just brought it within a run) De La Rosa pitched a great game today, but it’s getting pretty tense now that it’s nearing the end of the game. (Yes, it is hard to type and listen at the same time. So, if I go off into a tangent, it’s my fingers doing it and not me.)
I was watching American Idol today, and it’s just not the same without Simon. All three of the judges love all of the contestants. They need someone like Simon to spice things up. Constant gushing just doesn’t work for American Idol. So, even though I like a lot of the contestants this year, it still might be my last year for the show.
I had to lay down the law at work this morning. We have a guy that comes in to relieve us at six in the morning and he is always late. It started becoming an everyday problem back in October. But, that was the beginning of all of the overtime. So, I had to rearrange my home schedule so that my wife and I weren’t swapping back and forth with our car. (She has to be in at 7) So, five or ten minutes late weren’t that big of a deal back then for me. It was for the guy working with me. He had another job to get to after this one. Back in early November, the other guy tried to talk to the tardy guy, and he just laughed him off and blew him off. I don’t know if he took it further, because he was only a temp and his last day was the November 31st. So, now that all of the overtime is gone, I’m back to a normal schedule. We did buy a new car, but that’s going to be for my daughter to get back and forth between the army and college. Since she’s still in high school for a few more weeks, the six o’clock guy’s tardiness hasn’t started affecting me, but when my daughter starts taking the car and my wife and I have to start swapping cars back and forth again, it will be a problem. So, I decided to nip it in the bud before my wife starts showing up late for her job. I spoke with him this morning, but he seemed to shrug it off. So, I took it up a notch and spoke with my boss. She spoke with him and of course didn’t do anything except threaten to write him up if he came in late again. So, I am sure that the six o’clock guy isn’t going to take her seriously. He’s off for the next couple days and then I’m off. So, Monday we’ll see if it made any difference or not.
It’s the top of the ninth and the score is 6 to 5 still. Ooh ooh, one pitch, one out. That’s the way to start the inning. Well, I’m going to just put the radio on today after the game instead of loading the playlist and then I’ll get started on the River of Magic. It looks like that book is going to be next. None of the others are fighting for position. OH YEAH, out number two. Come on Rockies!!!! One more and that’s the game.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment