Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mar 24

Jhoulys Chacin had a rough outing today. He pitched four innings and had base runners every time. But, he didn’t allow a run. Still, we lost 7-5. Nobody likes a loss. So, on the positive side, we are ranked third place in all of baseball in Spring Training. We are 16 – 8 - 1. Only the Giants are ahead of us in the Cactus League. They’re sitting at 18 – 9. In the Grapefruit League the Tigers are 18 – 10. The best news, however, is that, as of this moment in my blog, there are only seven days, fifteen hours, fifty four minutes and twenty seven seconds left until Opening Day.
My eldest daughter, the one going into the Army, came home today exhausted. For the last two days, the Army prep guys have been working them out like crazy. Yesterday, she flopped down on the sofa and fell asleep. Today, she stayed awake begging someone to go get her something to eat. Of course, being the mean people that we are, we made her get her own food. Actually, I would have gotten it for her, but she wanted pizza rolls and we didn’t have any. So, my wife gave her the credit card and she went to the store. I’m actually glad that the Army is helping her get into shape like this. That way, when she gets to boot camp, she won’t be in for such a shock. We also set up her military bank account today. It’s in the processing stage now, but as soon as it’s ready, she can begin drilling with the company she will be assigned to after she gets out of boot camp. (She couldn’t beforehand because they have to pay her)
My youngest daughter went to a career fair. It was mostly for summer jobs for students, but there were also people there to help them get jobs relating to what they wanted to do when they get out of school. She is still up in the air about the Air Force or getting right into a computer field. So, she spoke with both today and she is still as confused as she was before she went. It looks like she wants to do both. But, either way, she brought home a bunch of goodies for me. There were key chains, little stress balls, bumper stickers, key lights, etc… She brought home a whole bag of stuff. (When I say bag, I mean BAG) So, she’s going to go online and check out some of the companies she talked to.
I dodged a bullet today. My wife wanted to go do laundry, but neither of us had any money for quarters. So, I convinced her to put it off until tomorrow. (I have to work during the day tomorrow, so I’ll have to miss it. YEAH!!!) Then, she’s going to take her parents to visit her brother, so she’ll be gone the whole day on Saturday. I’m not sure what I’m going to do. Being lazy and watching movies all day sounds good, but we’ll play it by ear.
I’m putting some Foreigner, Cindy Lauper, and Bread into the playlist today. I’m still working on chapter 1 of River of Magic. I should finish today. If not, it won’t be until Monday.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment