Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mar 15

Looking good, the Rockies are 13 and 6 in spring training. Our pitching is looking really good. Our defense is looking great. I don’t want to jinx it, but we’re going to have a really good team this year. Even the new guys are looking terrific. It’s the fifteenth today, so that means there are only fifteen days left until the Season Opener. I can hardly wait. I don’t think we’re going to be able to head down to Arizona to take in a little Spring Training. I really want to, but our weekends are filling up with regular stuff. Oh well, that just means that I’ll save up some money to go to the regular season games.
My granddaughter came over today. We had a great time. My wife got her a little bubble maker ray gun. It took us forever to get the little battery holder open, (all of our screwdrivers were too big) but once we got the double A’s in, she started going crazy. I don’t know what it is with three year olds and bubbles, but they could entertain her all day if we let it. She would make a stream of bubbles and then run through them trying to catch one. When they all disappeared, she would do it again and again and again. She was laughing all day. We had to physically take the bubble maker away so that she could eat.
My wife went to the AT&T store today. She got a new phone for my youngest daughter. (Her phone was stolen from her school locker about two or three weeks ago. She also bought an iphone from someone at work. So, she upgraded her phone, decided it was too complicated and traded it to my eldest daughter. She also wheeled and dealed the phone company to downgrade our minutes and upgrade our internet access or something like that. I wasn’t really paying attention. I just pay the bill. All that really matters is everyone now has a phone in which to ignore me when I call.
I didn’t get a chance to work on The Great Detective sequel yesterday. I’m going to do that today. I had a little bit of real work to do and then I got on Facebook. I ran into a cousin I hadn’t heard from in years and years. She’s doing better than I am. She’s a teacher and is on Spring Break. (I never get any time off) I am terrible about keeping in touch with friends and family. I’m determined to do better, so I’ll start with her and see how it goes. (She’ll probably end up de-friending me because I’m bugging her too much)
My wife sent out an all points invitation to our Chuck E Cheese family get together today. I was supposed to contact my brother last night, but I didn’t get to do that either. Man, I hate it when work gets in the way of goofing off at work. But, I’ll get hold of him tonight and see which day is good for him. So, I guess I better get going on that. I’m putting in Motley Crew, Cinderella, and Bon Jovi into the playlist for background music tonight.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment